X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Evans in for the long haul as Cap

So glad to hear this, after so many folks saying he's done, he's going to die, blah, blah, etc. This comes straight from the horses' mouth. Evans is my favorite part of the MCU, so as long as he's onboard, I know I'm going to enjoy the films.

Chris
    sigpic
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

^ I couldn't have said it better. Best celluloid hero since Christopher Reeve IMO.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

I agree, Cap is a great character and Chris Evans does a great job with it.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

He is truly the only Marvel character i would have real trouble with them replacing.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Yeah, Evans really does manage to capture the cinema essence of Cap probably even better than RDJ does Tony "Snark."
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            ^ I couldn't have said it better. Best celluloid hero since Christopher Reeve IMO.
            THIS. But they wrote him well too. Sincerity in Super Heroes is really attractive these days.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I always said, for me, Cap's casting and portrayal had to be absolutely perfect. He is the moral compass of the Marvel Universe, just as Superman should be in the DCU. Evans' portrayal has exceeded my expectations, and he IS Cap to me, just like Reeve is Superman. So yeah, if they recast Cap, I'm going to have a hard time with that.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                I always said, for me, Cap's casting and portrayal had to be absolutely perfect. He is the moral compass of the Marvel Universe, just as Superman should be in the DCU. Evans' portrayal has exceeded my expectations, and he IS Cap to me, just like Reeve is Superman. So yeah, if they recast Cap, I'm going to have a hard time with that.

Chris
                I hadn't really thought about it until you said it, but, yeah, both Cap and Supes ARE the moral centers of their respective universes (at least they used to be, anyway). Chris Evans' portrayal of Cap perfectly captures that moral center whereas Henry Cavill's portrayal of Superman gave us a slightly more morally ambiguous character, largely in part, I think, due to the surprising moral ambiguity that his father showed him both in scolding him for using his abilities to save a bus full of children as well allowing himself to be killed by a tornado (still one of the singular stupidest ideas EVER birthed in the Superman mythos). Might Cavill's Superman become MORE of the moral true north in the DCU in and after the events of B v S? Guess we'll have to wait and see on that one...
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

As I said before I really don't care much for any new superhero hero movies for the last 20-ish years with the exception of Captain America.

The character is so great and the actor just just so dang likeable

He really is a modern day Christopher Reeve

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

I used to hate, and I do mean hate, Evans, before CA...yes, he annoyed me as Johnny Storm as well. He used to be nothing but a class clown actor. But like you guys already said, he has embodied the CA persona quite nicely.

He has improved as an actor too...check out Snowpiercer...damn good performance, in a damn good movie.
                    sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

I was going to mention Snowpiercer, pretty cool movie,,,
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Might still be on Netflix. Comcast has it right now too...
                        sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Well that certainly means we may be spared any long suggestion of him being killed off (if at all) following the Civil War story.

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

I didn't think he would be as good as he has been. He's much easier to watch for two hours than RDJ, whose become more of a praody with each turn.

A lot of tectonic shifting occurred with Marvel this week. This interview sort of feels connected, in that the belief now are the important names have a real chance at big paydays. So he seems to be admitting the money and solid productions cannot be beat. Very true, especially in his case. What does he do where he's not aping Cap? Almost impossible, so why leave?

If he does stay, that screws Mackie. All these diverse Marvel superheroes were supposed to replace the currents. I've said that for sometime and its finally coming out in this weeks coverage. If Evans, RDJ and Hemsworth are willing to stay now, then a lot of plans are going to be scrapped.

I do think the Marvel Films split does make a Fox agreement very likely. I could see an FF announcement around Civil War.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^I'm not sure they'll ever follow the Marvel books and swap the characters out. They could, but the comic stories are just that...stories. These changes are never going to stick. That's a big gamble to risk on a big budget movie. It's a lot cheaper to do in comics...because they can switch it back quickly, if the outcry is so great the sales hit the toilet. Not so with a movie that's already in the can.

Comic audiences know these changes will never stick...but the general public may look at any of these changes as just a gimmick to go cheap, replacing popular actors with substitutes, and stay away in droves.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎