X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fitski
    Veteran Member
    • May 19, 2013

Is anyone going to Fan Expo in Toronto?

Just wondering if anyone else is going to Fan Expo in Toronto this weekend? I'm going for the 1st time on Sunday.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

We did it last year, the crowds were too much for the wife and kids.

Sunday is probably the most relaxed day, I know Ed has a table in artist's alley as usual this year.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Fitski
      Veteran Member
      • May 19, 2013

Good to hear Sunday is a bit better, I'll have to make sure and swing by to see Ed there.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I thought the Expos used to play in Montreal? all kidding aside, make it a complete weekend by going to the
        fan expo and checking out the NHL Hall of Fame, maybe take in a Blue Jays game if there in town?

If anyone goes to the fan expo, take pics and post them here, would be cool to check them out.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

I've stayed away the last few years due to the crowds that Brian mentions. I might make a return to the show on Sunday, depending on my uncle's plans (he's the one who wants me to go up with him). Sunday is also a good day to go because some dealers discount a bunch of their stuff that they don't want to drag back home. I'm just worrying about how bad the traffic will be getting in and out of TO, considering it's Labour Day weekend (this show used to always be on the weekend before, what happened?)

Comment

• Fitski
            Veteran Member
            • May 19, 2013

Very awesome maybe I'll see you there Chris! I'll be there with my girlfriend, she's doing the photo-op with Norman Reedus and I'm doing the photo-op with Neve Campbell should be a good time I'm hoping to see some cool vintage toys there, although I got a feeling everyone and their brother will be selling new star wars stuff. Yeah traffic will suck coming out of there I might have to hit up the Ripleys Aquarium til it dies down.

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

I'm still trying to work things out with my uncle, but if we end up going, I will let you know Dana! Photo-op with Neve Campbell? Nice!

When we used to go regularly, I don't recall seeing that much vintage there, but you never know, depends on the dealers that show up. But if this is your first time, I'm sure you will have a blast, tons of stuff to see and do at these shows! Just get ready for the crowds!

Comment

• ubermanx
                Career Member
                • Jul 3, 2013

Skipping Fanexpo this year as well. Just to crazy busy. I opted to go to the Toronto show in they spring put on by the same folks, Niagara and Hamilton. Three shows spread out during the year for the same cost as one with less sardine syndrome.

I do have my nephew going. Hopefully he can stop at Sam's table and pick up some Major North comic goodness for me.

Sunday is indeed deal day. Later on in the afternoon the crowds are small and the dealers tired. But also, all the panels are over, the events finished and everything winding down so less to do except shop.

But the lines, the crowds ... one year they kept shutting off the escalators to "cool down" the motors. Crazy!

- Marty

Comment

• Fitski
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 19, 2013

That's too bad you wont be there Marty! There's some sweet Captain Canuck Mego figures that Silver Snail and Big B are going to have there.....I'm not too big on the panels and stuff like that, there is practically no one I'm really that interested in showing up there outside of Neve and Christan Slater this year, we're mostly going for the gf getting her picture taken with Daryl! Dam that guy must be serious rich off these conventions!

Anyone have any experience with the photo-ops there and how long it takes? I'm assuming they must move people quickly along, we got a tight window of about 30 mins between photo-ops as they just moved one on us.
                  Last edited by Fitski; Sep 3, '15, 5:10 PM.

Comment

• Brazoo
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 14, 2009

I'm struggling with house renos and the aftermath of my recent move, so it's unlikely I'll make it this year.

Have a great time!

Comment

• ubermanx
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 3, 2013

In case anyone was wondering ...

11998067_10155968303125551_2050198492_n.jpg

Ed and crew's Canuck figures look awesome. I really love Northguard. Unfortunately the Stealth Suit CC wasn't at the Silver Snail booth on Thursday when I had a minion onsite. Gents, let me know if any are left and I can mail order one.

- Marty
                      - Marty

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎