• Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Your top 3 W-O-R-S-T Six Million Dollar Man episodes

Hmmm,
    Thinking about it I never realized SMDM had a fair share of stinkers

1. Sharks ... this episode seemed to never end --- it just went on and on and on and on ......

2. To Catch the Eagle ... This episode wreaks of SMDM jumping on the then current trend of (let's respect and learn more about Native Americans) bandwagon.

3. Double Trouble ... Besides Flip Wilson seeming totally out of place in a SMDM episode this story demonstrates why he never acted ... Worst actor ever (that said, totally loved his show)

---- honorable mention

4. The Ultimate Imposter ... A SMDM episode without the SMDM ? .... O---K ........ Strangely enough it's actually not that bad.

5. The Last of the Fourth of Julys ... This seemed like another episode that would just go on and on and on.

6. The Pioneers ... BJ Honeycutt as a psycho get's old pretty quick
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Those are fairly easy for me:

1) The Bionic Boy - I thought this diluted the concept by making it seem like the Bionic Bunch.

2) Rollback - Derby skaters... really?

3) Love song for Tanya - It felt too Bondish for his role in the series. I know they played with that formula early in the movies but, by this point, I thought that was getting old hat.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Tanya's one saving grace was Cathy Rigby

She was just sooo dang cute in it

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

The Pilot ep...sorry, I don't like this ep w/o Richard Anderson as Oscar
        Double Trouble...I like Flip Wilson as much as anyone, but come on!
        The Look-Alike...the evil twin thing just gets old, and the story was pretty lame.
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• starsky
          veteran member
          • Aug 26, 2007

burning bright w/ william shatner

taneha

killer wind

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

The one where the OSI agent turns out to be a spy. Oh wait, that's every other episode....
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
              The one where the OSI agent turns out to be a spy. Oh wait, that's every other episode....
              You just reminded me of the Lou Gossett Jr one

That was kinda stinkie --- only thing that made it watchable was Gossett

Comment

• MysteryWho
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 16, 2008

There were a lot of duds in five years.
                Seasons four and five are like shooting fish in barrel, so I'll choose one each from the first three years.
                First season is Burning Bright, I don't have to explain to anyone who has seen it. It's SMDM's first season equivalent of
                STOS's Alternative Factor, complete with Bill Shatner in the role of babbling lunatic.
                I think Pilot Error might be my least favorite from Season 2, it just seemed really boring.
                Season 3 pick is Love Song for Tanya. A real yawn.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

When I got that Time Warner set I was trying to watch the series cover to cover, not just skip ahead to the bigfoot/deathprobe ones. I got midway through season two until i just snapped.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• acrovader
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 19, 2011

Yeah, that William Shatner episode was pretty laughable. But the first episode, the tele-movie for the most part, played out like a bad, dry hospital drama.
                    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

I'm reading "The Martian" at the moment and the main character makes some comments about the Soviet Venus probe episode after he watches it for the first time.
                      Last edited by Makernaut; Sep 1, '15, 4:14 PM.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

When I got that Time Warner set I was trying to watch the series cover to cover, not just skip ahead to the bigfoot/deathprobe ones. I got midway through season two until i just snapped.
                        I hope I last as long as you did, but I fear I may suffer a similar fate.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Just when you thought it couldn't get no worse you watch Big Brother.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

You did better than me. I started to watch season one, but the pace and the experimenting phase they went through with bionic effects drove me crazy. I skipped to the Bionic Woman episode at the end of Season Two and watched the rest of the series from there. I had to satisfy my nostalgic appetite first. But it was sad watching Season Five because you could see they were running thin on new ideas. Big Foot V was a tough watch because it was more about just showing Big Foot for ratings than bringing him back because they had a really good story. Plus you will note they changed up his legacy by suggesting he was the "space Big Foot" and not the one of legend (which really contradicts the original storyline). Didn't like that.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

i found that buying the seasons as they were released individually, it was not hard to watch every episode in order. but yes, as with every series, there were some real stinkers

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎