X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

AHI captain America stunt cycle

I had one in the package. He had the standard black ahi backdrop. I sold it about 15 years ago. The demand for rack toys wasn't what it is now, and the pre- internet days it was hard to tell what was really rare. I haven't seen one since. Does anyone have pics of one?
  • El Hombre Nuclear
    Museum Super Collector
    • Sep 5, 2014

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
    I had one in the package. He had the standard black ahi backdrop. I sold it about 15 years ago. The demand for rack toys wasn't what it is now, and the pre- internet days it was hard to tell what was really rare. I haven't seen one since. Does anyone have pics of one?
    The only pics of it I've ever seen are in the AHI '80 and '81 catalogs, courtesy of Plaid Stallions. Seems like a very rare piece. I grabbed the better of the two images and fiddled around with it to try and make it a bit larger and more clear:

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by El Hombre Nuclear
      The only pics of it I've ever seen are in the AHI '80 and '81 catalogs, courtesy of Plaid Stallions. Seems like a very rare piece. I grabbed the better of the two images and fiddled around with it to try and make it a bit larger and more clear:

Yep that was it. Hopefully there are other surviving examples out there. Here is the much less practical Hulk cycle

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Anybody got any info on this?

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

Not much info but it is extremely rare! I had the Ahi cap car which is as rare. Last year I sold it loose w/o the remote for right at $300

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Marvelmania
            Not much info but it is extremely rare! I had the Ahi cap car which is as rare. Last year I sold it loose w/o the remote for right at $300
            I never saw that one.

Some of the AHI stuff is rare. I'm not sure if they demand high dollar but i'd like to have that one back.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

It does look like they were keeping the standard motorcycle in circulation that they used for Ghostrider.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                A Ray of Sunshine
                • Jun 17, 2001

Some Ahi stuff goes for crazy money but it's rare as can be. Most of it can be had at a fair price though. To me Ahi made the best rack toys ever. Love, love love the parachuters!!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

^ Yeah, I know what you mean. I inquired once about a Penguin Cycle and decided, "Nope, not for me." But the parachutists are fun and affordable.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                    A Ray of Sunshine
                    • Jun 17, 2001

The Robin parachutist goes especially high. In the past upwards of around $500.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Marvelmania
                      The Robin parachutist goes especially high. In the past upwards of around $500.
                      Yeah he is rare.

Speaking of rare items how cool was it when the palitoy cap card surfaced last year?

Comment

• Marvelmania
                        A Ray of Sunshine
                        • Jun 17, 2001

Beyond rare, It's the first time I'd ever seen a pic of it. I'd dare to guess maybe 90% (maybe more) Mego collectors had never seen a pic of it before too.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎