X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
    ONLY in the Comics...not on the big Screen!
    Wish they would quit using the Bat armor look, really tired of it.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

This is really starting to suck...I agree with E2Chris...there should be a law aginst Miller trampling on other people's creations. Maybe if we all contacted our congressman??? Ahhh, no such luck I guess...

I really don't see WHY Miller was chosen as the director...forget about Sin City...last I knew Frank Miller was a comic-book "writer/artist", not a director. And even his comic-book writing and art is questionable lately.
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

The first Trailer is out Guy's...and I've gotta say...it looks pretty FREAKIN' COOL!

But hey....what do I know, I've never read a single Spirt Comic.

Trailer: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36456
        sigpic

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          Pat Troughton in disguise
          • Nov 21, 2007

Imagine if it was another director doing Miller's interpretation...the header on the poster would read something like...
          Dreamworks presents the movie of Steven Spielburg's, of Frank Millar's, of Will Eisner's THE SPIRIT...
          there wouldn't be any room left fopr a teaser picture...
          reminds me of THE ALBUM OF THE SOUNDTRACK OF THE MOVIE OF MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL...
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

The first Trailer is out Guy's...and I've gotta say...it looks pretty FREAKIN' COOL!

But hey....what do I know, I've never read a single Spirt Comic.

Trailer: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36456
            That looks and sounds like Sin City 2, it is almost unreconizable to the Eisner character.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

The music is an updated version from the Untouchables movie with Sean Connery......It looks like something out of Sin City nothing like The Spirit .Frank Miller is an *****....and Eisner and Spirit fans should be insulted by this........

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Well....I've been dying to see Sin City 2....I guess I won't have to wait as long as I thought.
                sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Well....I've been dying to see Sin City 2....I guess I won't have to wait as long as I thought.
                  I get it, you like Frank Miller.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

That trailer has me asking the question..."Has Frank Miller ever read Will Eisner's Spirit?"

Yes, the Spirit has that film noir/pulp fiction quality but it's ALSO tongue-in-cheek. Obviously Miller doesn't get that....

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                      I get it, you like Frank Miller.

Not always Brian.Do I like His early Batman & DareDevil stuff...YUP! And loved Sin City & 300....INCREDIBLE!

But I understand where You Guy's are coming from as Spirit Fans. I feel the same when He mucks with Batman(All Star). You know...it's ironic...Robert Rodriguez brought Frank Miller on to co-direct Sin City...because He said, "I don't want to make Robert Rodriguez's Sin City...I want to make Frank Miller's Sin City". And of course, that's not what Miller is going to do with the Spirit...He's going to make it His own. But I'm guessing, the Spirit has been around a long time...and that Wil Eisner is no longer with Us, to have Him as an Advisor??
                      sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

But I'm guessing, the Spirit has been around a long time...and that Wil Eisner is no longer with Us, to have Him as an Advisor??
                        Yeah the Spirit debuted in 1940. Willl Eisner passed away in '05. He's probably rolling over in his grave right about now...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Yes, the Spirit has that film noir/pulp fiction quality but it's ALSO tongue-in-cheek. Obviously Miller doesn't get that....
                          Miller gets that, but it's a severed tongue from a raped and murdered stripper in the cheek of a mutalated cannibal.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                            Formerly known as Del
                            • Dec 12, 2004

If I hadn't watched the trailer knowing what "The Spirit" comic was like, it would sound like a pretty good movie. It just doesn't seem like the same character. However, I think that the actor would make a good Denny, even if they made a movie more true to the comics.
                            I know I'm going to catch flack for this, but ever since "Sin City" I've wanted a Frank Miller-style Batman movie, using similar effects. If they took the Spirit out of that teaser, stuck Batman in his place, and changed a few words of the intro, that would be just about what I had in mind.
                            Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                            https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                            http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by del
                              ever since "Sin City" I've wanted a Frank Miller-style Batman movie, using similar effects. If they took the Spirit out of that teaser, stuck Batman in his place, and changed a few words of the intro, that would be just about what I had in mind.

That's actually, a really COOL Idea! We just don't want Miller to write it! Unless We had some else adapt TDKR, or Year One for Him...and stay faithful to the Material...which Miller Himself, seems no longer capable of doing.
                              sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                                • Jun 16, 2001

If they took the Spirit out of that teaser, stuck Batman in his place, and changed a few words of the intro, that would be just about what I had in mind.
                                That's pretty easy to swallow, Batman has had so many interpretations that an audience easier accepts different versions.

It's harder with the Spirit because he's been pretty consistant over the years. I'm not terribly upset about this because I don't know if a Spirit movie is really all that neccesary. There was talk of a cgi animated feature a while back, I would have enjoyed that more.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎