X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bizarro Amy
    Formerly known as Del
    • Dec 12, 2004

Originally posted by Captain
    Dont worry, when the toy line hits, Spirit will be wearing suits in every color under the sun!

New! Camo Hydrolic Scuba Fun Rollerskating Spirit with Mint Frosting!
    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Come'on Guys...admittedly, I'm not very familar with the Character...but don't Ya think the "bright blue"...might look a little non-Heterosexual?
      sigpic

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>but don't Ya think the "bright blue"...might look a little non-Heterosexual?

I dunno... Batman wears boots, leather mask and undies OVER his tights and that's okay....

Most superhero outfits are kinda goofy; that's part of the superhero thing. And the Spirit is kind of a non-superhero superhero; so the blue suit doesn'rt seem so weird. Although you might argue that it's SUPPOSED to be black and is hilighted in blue (like Superman's hair) I kinda suspect that it's SUPPOSED to be blue. ('Cos it's always drawn predominantly blue, it doesn't look like a hilight to me.)

Don C.

Comment

• jds1911a1
          Alan Scott is the best GL
          • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
          Come'on Guys...admittedly, I'm not very familar with the Character...but don't Ya think the "bright blue"...might look a little non-Heterosexual?
          No one is asking for an electric blue suit but a blue suit (even a navy blue one) is not a black suit. and the character has always worn a blue suit and marching fedora and Domino mask. The Spirit is one of the early heroes grown out of the vigilantes and detectives in the pulps like the early crimson avenger but even more simplistic

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by ctc
            >but don't Ya think the "bright blue"...might look a little non-Heterosexual?

I dunno... Batman wears boots, leather mask and undies OVER his tights and that's okay....

ONLY in the Comics...not on the big Screen!
            sigpic

Comment

• Flynne
              Permanent Member
              • Jan 22, 2003

ONLY in the Comics...not on the big Screen!
              That's incorrect. How can you forget "Batman" from 1966?

An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Flynne
                How can you forget "Batman" from 1966?

Simple...I don't count that at ALL! I thought We were talking about serious adaptions...of Comic Book Characters. Not campy version's of them.
                sigpic

Comment

• Flynne
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jan 22, 2003

Simple...I don't count that at ALL! I thought We were talking about serious adaptions...of Comic Book Characters. Not campy version's of them.
                  Ah, selective admission of reality - no point in discussing things further.

I am a huge fan of the Spirit, and even when they made the TV movie with Sam Jones in the late 80s Denny Colt still had the blue suit. If Spider-Man can wear his red and blue leotard, and Superman can wear a blue leotard (which, incidentally, from the 2006 movie are the same color as the suit in question) with red briefs, why can't the Spirit have his blue suit? Both are "serious" and not "campy" adaptations" (and who doesn't look ridiculous in a leotard?) so why can't a blue suit work in a "serious" adaptation? Of course it could.
                  Last edited by Flynne; Apr 8, '08, 9:35 AM.
                  An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Flynne
                    Ah, selective admission of reality - no point in discussing things further.

Agreed.
                    sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Well...this settles it...the Costume will definately be all black:

The Spirit Movie Deluxe Collector Figure - Superhero Hype!

Except for the red Necktie...LOL!
                      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

All signs point this to being Frank Miller's complete reimagination of the character, it's hard to take because Eisner controlled the character until his death.

Even those who have done it since have tried to keep it in the Eisner style. This looks and smells like Sin City 2, so I'll likely pass on it. One of my favourite characters handled by one of my least favourite creators, it's not surprising.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, he looks like "Random Noir Guy with Mask" now.

Imagine them taking the Phantom and making him all black. Its what they're doing to The Spirit.

Miller should REALLY stick to his own material now. I think there ought to be a law.

Hopefully this movie will get the Sam Jones telefilm on DVD...

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Flynne
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jan 22, 2003

*sigh* Some days you get Darwyn Cooke, some days you get Frank Miller. I like Frank Miller's material, but I hate it when he tramples all over someone else's creation to put his stamp on it. Why not just do a "Sin City" sequel and be done with it if that is what you wanted to do? My hopes for this film are plummeting fast.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

I personally have never read a Spirt Comic...so if the Movie get's decent reviews...I might go see it. Or at least rent it.
                              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Well, at least the coat looks blue.

Bat, you really ought to pick up some Spirit reprints, you're missing the best adventure series around.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎