X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 18, 2015

Has anyone made Hogan's Heroes customs?

Hogan's Heroes is one of my favorite TV shows, so I was wondering if anyone had made Hogan's Heroes customs?
    The hands that grip.
  • ZMOQ
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jun 1, 2010

Yes, but not in the way that you think.

Imagine... a POW camp where the Germans and the prisoners are NOT HUMAN. They're various animals, monsters and creatures. When I got a box of my childhood toys back from a family member, I couldn't resist. This is a Snoopy dog that I won playing Skee-Ball at a fair a long, long time ago. The outfit is of more recent make, as a tribute to the fun I had with him as a child, as a stand in for Col. Klink.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Sorry, I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing. But would like too.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

The hardest part of doing Klink figure would be the monocle.

Other than that, use a Type S male figure; an old man head from CTVT; police hat from CTVT along with black ankle boots. As for the uniform, that might be a bit of a stretch.

If you want to do Hogan, a brown leather jacket, brown uniform pants, black boots, Type S body, black police hat, but as for the head, maybe a Will Scarlett head.
        JediJaida

Comment

• ZMOQ
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jun 1, 2010

Originally posted by JediJaida

Other than that, use a Type S male figure; an old man head from CTVT; police hat from CTVT along with black ankle boots. As for the uniform, that might be a bit of a stretch.

If you want to do Hogan, a brown leather jacket, brown uniform pants, black boots, Type S body, black police hat, but as for the head, maybe a Will Scarlett head.
          You know, the monocle might not be too bad. You know those clear plastic blister packs that come with electronic accessories? Use a hole puncher and punch a circular plastic disc and then, maybe some clear epoxy to stick it over the eye?

Agreed that the uniform would be a real challenge. It's not easy to match the grey-blue cloth of the Luftwaffe. There isn't anything I'd seen on Classic TV Toys that comes close... I suspect that any German uniform would have to be done from scratch. A US Army jacket cannot really be modified into one: the color and cut of a German uniform is entirely different. I recall seeing some prototypes of 8" SS zombies... wonder what happened to those?

The hat... might not be a problem. I've made German officer's hats from cardboard, covered in cloth. The insignias were downloaded from the internet and printed on iron-on transfer paper and then ironed-on. After enough coatings of acrylic clear coat or Mod Podge, the cardboard hats become reasonably sturdy. I use embroidery thread for the hat trim.

These guys aren't actually human (they're monster jigglers), nor Luftwaffe. They're the Wehrmacht, but the general design is the same.

And who are the POWs? Well, turn out that there's a 6" monkey jiggler that has a Mego-sized head and takes Action Jackson accessories pretty well.

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 18, 2015

Originally posted by JediJaida

I would just paint the monocle on Klink like WGSH Penguin, As for Klink's head, I might just use Doc Mego's Klink head sculpt. Your Idea for Hogan is pretty great, the Will Scarlett head looks a bit like him. I'll use a Star Trek body for most characters with black boots.
            The hands that grip.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎