X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Is anybody gardening?

I'm growing a lot of tomato plants. I have a lot of super hot peppers that are doing well. Some walla walla onions and a bunch of cucumber. My squash isn't doing very well, and I pulled a bunch up. I also have some potato plants that produced some potato fruit this year. Never seen that before...The fruit has seeds. Strange.
    I'm going to make some salsa out of the tomato, hot peppers, and onions. It'll probably be super duper hot. I'm growing Lemon Drop, Giant White Habanero, Ghost Peppers, Trinidad Moruga Scorpion, and Carolina Reaper!! I've had some of most of them so far, just not the hottest ones, the Scorpion and Reaper. I have one ripe Scorpion and no ripe Reapers yet.

This is a Trinidad Moruga Scorpion.

Ghost Pepper

Giant White Habanero
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Holy smokes, they look awesome...but I only go up to Habanero...I'm afraid of the Ghost and Scorpion peppers, lol.

Your stuff looks great...wish we could start doing something like that, but California is going through a drought...perhaps in the future.
    sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

man that looks great...I started planting some stuff and everything died except my papaya trees those are looking good.. By next year they'll be awesome!!
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Purple tomato...

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

The Weed is strong in my garden...
          It surrounds and penetrates the garden...
          It binds it all together...
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

getting ready to start lettuce for the fall/winter. Tomatoes and peppers don't make it thru our soggy summers.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• 4NDR01D
              Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
              • Jan 22, 2008

My cherry tomatoes did awesome, my peppers did ok, although I only grew 1 single jalapeño. My pumpkins died again.
              I'd really like to take out my wife's flower garden and turn it into a vegetable garden but that's not going to happen.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

I miss having a garden

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

I have a Carolina Reaper almost ripe! Hottest pepper in the world. I can't imagine what the salsa is going to taste like, or how long it's going to burn. I haven't tried the scorpion or reaper yet.
                  Last edited by LonnieFisher; Sep 1, '15, 5:43 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

I do have a Malabar Spinach plant going nuts on my trellises right now.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 30, 2015

Planting plants in my fish tank is about as far as I go and that has been a headache. Thankfully our gardens (front and back) only have a lawn that needs mowing. We have pavement and a few bushes (that get a trim now and then), but that is it. Hats off to all the gardeners here though.

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Our tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, and various leafy vegetables turned out pretty good this year, the peppers not so much.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

I've got some super hot peppers growing, that's for sure! It's weird how some peppers affect different parts of your mouth, and other areas. I've got some that just burn your lips. If you avoid touching your lips with what they are in, and avoid licking your lips, they don't seem hot at all. Get it on your lips, and it burns for a while. Some just burn the tongue and a little of the throat. Some make you sweat and your nose run. Some make me cough when I'm running water over the blade that I cut them with. I've been drying them for use later. Eventually I'll put a bunch of them in a grinder together. Right now I have a grinder with three kinds, but I have at least six different kinds of super hot peppers. I haven't tried the Carolina Reapers yet. I'd take pictures, but my camera isn't working right now. I just wish I knew more people who liked them super hot to share them with.

Comment

• LordMudd
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 22, 2011

Do rock gardens count? Rocks don't die.

CCC.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                              Time to feed the cat
                              • Dec 30, 2007

This has been our best year in a while, everything came in great, and the tomatoes and peppers are still producing well. We did Romano beans for the first time this year and they will be a yearly thing now, they were great !

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎