X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Remco Monster
    GLOWS in the Dark!
    • May 3, 2006

"The following prescribe has been transcrammed"

Been ages since I have done a Mego custom, but recently have had three pieces in the works, and the first out of the gate...

SON OF SVENGOOLIE

This custom is based on his look in the late 70's/80's.

For those who don't know who he is. Son of Svengoolie was a late night horror movie host in the late 70's and the 80's in the Chicago area, and a few other markets. He came back on the air in the 90's going by just Svengoolie and is still going strong.

Head is from next2lastmohican. It was a pretty rough sculpt/cast, and based on the modern look of Svengoolie. I sanded off his double chin, as well as other sanding and filling in. Painted by me.
    Body is EMCE with glow-in-the-dark Zica Type S hands for retro ghoulish fun!
    Coat is a trench coat from CTVT, modified into an undertakers coat. Worked out PERFECTLY.
    Red shirt and shoes are also from CTVT.
    Pants I think are from a Dr. Mego suit, but I have had them for a long time, so not 100% sure. They are nice though.
    Scarf and chain handmade.

Sorry, but the photos aren't the best quality, as they were taken on an iphone for instagram.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

This is terrific, the coat modification is very well-done.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

excellent!!! Grew up watching him. I saw him once in the Houby Festival parade in BERWYN!! Why Berwyn???? Why???
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Grimjohn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 28, 2011

Fantastic custom! Spot on with all the details. I watch him every Saturday night on MeTV.
        My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Great looking custom. I have gotten to know Svengoolie from MeTV. He always makes me nostalgic for Dr. Paul Bearer's Creature Feature on channel 44. He is one of the last remnants of a different time in television.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 4, 2011

Sweet!

Comment

• Neutron X
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 22, 2007

OK...This is cool! I was thinking about doing one too! I have decided that yours is even better than I imagined or could've made! Great Job!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

That's pretty cool...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by sprytel
                  Great looking custom. I have gotten to know Svengoolie from MeTV. He always makes me nostalgic for Dr. Paul Bearer's Creature Feature on channel 44. He is one of the last remnants of a different time in television.
                  Ahh, Dr. Paul. He was a relief to me when I moved to FLA to find a show like his down here. There is now a Dr. Paul Bearer the Second in Winter Haven.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

I love watching Svengoolie, if I'm not home I record the movie, even if I have no interest in the movie
                    I just like watching the gag bits, he's great. Great custom also, should send a pic to the website.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                      GLOWS in the Dark!
                      • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by megoknight
                      Wow..looks great I made mine Tuesday but only posted on facebook. I'll wait a while for mine. Great minds........
                      Hey, cool! I can't wait to see him!

And thanks everybody! (for all those caaards and letterrrrs)

Comment

• megowgsh
                        Customego HoF Curator
                        • Nov 19, 2003

Loved this so much posted it on my Facebook page.

I was born and raised in Berwyn so this holds a place near and dear to my heart.

Here's the post on FB. And, its getting a lot of response: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
                        Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Remco Monster
                          GLOWS in the Dark!
                          • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by megowgsh
                          Loved this so much posted it on my Facebook page.

I was born and raised in Berwyn so this holds a place near and dear to my heart.

Here's the post on FB. And, its getting a lot of response: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
                          Thanks Austin! I will have to check it out and chime in.

Comment

• mjaycox
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 16, 2008

Custom of the Week!!! For sure!!!

I can't believe you beat me to a Svengoolie custom! >:^(

I made a Zacherley, but never got around to making Sven.

Beautiful job

Matt
                            Warm up?! We may as well sit around this cigarette!

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

How cool would it be if Svengoolie himself showed it on his show, he does show pics from fans.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎