Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

My daughter has called dibs on one, too. I think the figure looks great.
    It's all good!

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I'm glad they used the Batman Animated Series design. I think the figure turned out very well.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

So how is a figure like this--all new, never made in 8" form--not the FTC announcement of the week?
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• jayraytee
          Career Member
          • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by pmwasson
          She looks good and doesn't seem like a prototype. I wonder how soon she will be up for sale?
          Their prototypes always end up being the actual figures anyway. They never seem to change anything, oh wait they did take away the stripe on Captain Marvel's cape I guess.
          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• megomania
            Persistent Member
            • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Iron Mego
            So how is a figure like this--all new, never made in 8" form--not the FTC announcement of the week?
            For some reason they think more excitement is generated by announcing overstock characters with new clothes.

Comment

• Iron Mego
              Wake Up Heavy
              • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by megomania
              For some reason they think more excitement is generated by announcing overstock characters with new clothes.
              Apparently.
              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• tllgn
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 6, 2010

Love that Harley Quinn ,i will buy 2 for sure,i always thought she was a cute charactor .hope she makes it out this year,Ftc did a wonderful job on her.
                i like the clothe hoodie ,What color is Harleys hair ,I think all female charactors should have rooted hair like the classic mego gals ,she will fit right in.

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

Well, we know that Barbara Gordon will have molded hair.

I honestly don't get it. If they can do that hairstyle with rooted hair for Barbie et al, why not for Barbara? Is it laziness?
                  JediJaida

Comment

• jeffbearco
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 27, 2011

The more hair styling a figure requires the more they would have to pay I'm sure. Shorter hair would be harder to style without having it look like an afro.

Harley probably just has a bald head under the hood instead of the pig tails or short hair she normally sports.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

This particular release is worth really celebrating.

I am a huge proponent of the less "modern" decisions in this WGSH tribute line, the better.

The cloth hoodie, the fact that this character is of more recent times---both "modern" leanings.

However, to me, this Harley is, I guess, the definitive "exception that proves the rule".

The cloth hat does not err on the side of "eye-catching glaringly big" or otherwise "unsightly" IMHO (a vital guideline to be aware of, as I've communicated in so many words to many customizers over the years while discussing potential design pitfalls).

The character's more recent origins?

Harley's just SO iconic---she DESERVES her own Mego----and I think FTC's picture has shown they've made a good one to fit that bill.

People have mentioned getting multiples of this figure----I can totally relateto that mindset----it just feels like it'd make a great gift for many types of superhero fans.

If someone asked me to guess what FTC's biggest seller in this line would be after Batman and Superman-----I'm thinking Harley wouldn't be far from that #3 spot.
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
                        I'm glad they used the Batman Animated Series design. I think the figure turned out very well.
                        The more modern takes wouldn't have fit well with the classic bronze age Mego designs we've been getting. The original Bruce Timm version is very much in line with what such a character would have looked like in the 70's; fits not only the classic feel/aesthetic of the animated series, but also the classic Mego style, as well.

Comment

• Rex Mason
                          • Dec 14, 2013

Hi Guys,

I'm new to these boards, but a longtime Batman collector. I wanted to chime in to ask if a Harley in the standard Batman Retro series was planned. I don't want to miss out on this figure, but I'd rather have her card match my others (even though I'm an opener).

And is Scarecrow destined for the Batman Retro line, too?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

• Imdareaper
                            • Sep 11, 2015

I was wondering the same thing...

I dont want to start another line...
                            I would like to see all these in the Batman line also... and Dr. Sivana Com Gordon as well...

Batman 66
                            Batman
                            Superfriends
                            Superman
                            Teen Titans
                            Wonder Woman
                            Shazam
                            Anymore lines....
                            Last edited by Imdareaper; Sep 14, '15, 5:21 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Scarecrow is supposed to be in wave 4 of the Batman series with Gordon, Ra's and a "new" Batman.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
                                The more modern takes wouldn't have fit well with the classic bronze age Mego designs we've been getting. The original Bruce Timm version is very much in line with what such a character would have looked like in the 70's; fits not only the classic feel/aesthetic of the animated series, but also the classic Mego style, as well.

Correct! The mego style is always what FTC is after. Its the heart of the whole line. And another important fact is DC has said Harley at some point-(of her changing looks and Design) is off limits. But there may be a another Harley Surprise coming next year. Hang tight fans!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎