X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKotK
    Career Member
    • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by DSTZach
    I believe the bridge playset will be an exact reproduction of the last run, although I'm sure there will be some minor variations in manufacturing and packaging.
    Nice to have confirmation that the bridge is definitely planned!

Would it be very difficult to change the color of the plastic used for the bridge accessories to make the other variation? If you could, you'd sell a few more that way...and make it just that much more collectible.

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I bought every trek figure DST put out already, so unless new characters are planned, my only excitement will be watching my current collection loose value.
      Hoping for a Gorn on a Hulk body and a Trelane.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, a few new figures would be excellent: Trelane, Mudd, Vina, Chapel, Rand, Leslie.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 15, 2010

I'd take a cardboard shuttlecraft. And don't forget Nurse Chapel and Vina.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• Ivaniski
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by Gadgeteer
            Yes cardboard, and half the size of that amazing scratch built number from earlier.
            Thanks for the kind words to all. Actually, i scratch built this Shuttle Craft bout' 5 years ago with less then $35 i spent at Michael's. It's made out of cardboard and foam paper. It's extremely light and more of a beauty in person....as told to me by Trekkie fans that have seen it in action. The dash board is fully functional and the Galileo 7 is built to simulate flight (it could hold up to 11 Mego Star Trek figures). If FTC would make a vessel like this and sell it for $100 to $150.....i'm sure it will sell very well (i'll buy 2 of them).

Early prototype pics of the interior from a bird's eye view....

My buddies' son....posing with Galileo 7 in flight......Hence, the crew inside via the open door.

Side shot of Galileo 7 with open door and Uhura inside.......

Shuttle Craft a few feet of the ground (in the air) cruising near watery coast line......(Spoiler Alert!) at the other end of the beach....They will be ambushed by the Mego POTA Gorillas soldiers!!!

The adventures are endless, and so much fun with the addition of a Shuttle Craft to "Boldly go where no Star Trek Mego figure has gone before".
            Last edited by Ivaniski; Sep 2, '15, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

Excellent!!!^^

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by DSTZach
                I believe the bridge playset will be an exact reproduction of the last run, although I'm sure there will be some minor variations in manufacturing and packaging.
                That's the one thing from the new re-do line I missed out on. Nice to know I should have a second chance.

Comment

• newlyknighted
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 21, 2010

To celebrate Star Trek's 50th, new figures of Trelane, Mudd, Rand, Chapel, Sarek, Amanda, Vina, Leslie, Female Romulan, Female Klingon, or any Star Trek The Next Generation figures would be most welcome! A shuttle craft would be excellent as well! And while we're at it, any figures in the environmental suits from the Tholian Web would be great as well!
                  I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 16, 2014

Man I am all over this 50th!!
                    I'm going to stock up on Type S bodies and Klingon boots.
                    I want to army build Klingons, Gorn and Romulans and any single bad guys that are cool like Khan.
                    The repro Enterprise set JUST like the one I had as a kid!
                    sigpic

Comment

• toyman
                      Just Another Collector
                      • Sep 1, 2008

I got lucky this week and found a complete set of the first 14 figures released by EMCE and bridge for $225 shipped. Only one figure had a problem, a cracked bottom.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 16, 2014

That is a great deal, good one toyman!
                        sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by newlyknighted
                          To celebrate Star Trek's 50th, new figures of Trelane, Mudd, Rand, Chapel, Sarek, Amanda, Vina, Leslie, Female Romulan, Female Klingon, or any Star Trek The Next Generation figures would be most welcome!
                          I get the feeling I'm the only one that thinks Cyrano Jones would make a good Megoish EMCE fig.

Yes, I'm fishing for, if not answers on why almost no one has discussed him as a potential EMCE figure throughout the years, then, at least some "yays" or "nays".

Maybe I'm too small of a Trek nerd, not realizing how minorly the original Tribble-provider is desired in action figure form?

I would've thought his pivotal role in such a pivotal episode would've rocketed him to the forefront of desired figures(?)
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I don't think ST:TOS fans have anything against Cyrano Jones--there have been at least two great customs of him here that I recall. Rather, it's probably that "human" characters like Mudd and Trelane are flashier and resonate with fans a bit more. I'd welcome a Jones, but not before certain others.

Favorite characters can be idiosyncratic: I really want FTC to do a Black Orchid figure, but not before Black Canary or Zatanna.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

Cyrano is a great character, I'd certainly buy one (with a complimentary bag of Tribbles, of course).
                              But would he sell sufficiently?
                              As a company that needs to make a profit, I wouldn't give the figure the green light. Cyrano would be a peg warmer until well into the 23rd century...
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• newlyknighted
                                Persistent Member
                                • Feb 21, 2010

I would buy Cyrano Jones in a New York minute! Great character huedell!
                                I post in thy general direction!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎