Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

If they make a Shuttle Craft hope it looks like this 1\9 scale i made a few years ago.
    Last edited by Ivaniski; Aug 30, '15, 1:32 PM.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Sorry MMM, was just attempting to answer your question. Gorn Captain is correct in saying the pic is the original prototype; I'm acquainted with the member who assisted with it. Since you have an original release, a comparison with that figure's photo on the back and this thread's pic will show that they're the same prototype.
      As with FTC, there's some variance between what we sometimes see and what we get.

GC, the original James Brady custom Gorn used a Hulk body for a more imposing build. The arm guards on the production figure were indeed disappointing.

Thanks, actually if it was a different molded green-(flat) lighter color and or flat lighter paint apps like in the picture I think that it would look great. In the picture It looks like it's glowing which would be so sharp on an actual figure.
      Last edited by mickeymoosemego; Aug 30, '15, 1:23 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^ I think a more olive color would be great.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• fallensaviour
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 28, 2006

Hope they fix khans red head issue,if so I'll get a couple I need one for a Tonto custom.
          My Gorn has been missing for 3 years so I'll be down for a few of them as well.
          Fingers crossed great price point for these as well.
          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            GC, the original James Brady custom Gorn used a Hulk body for a more imposing build. The arm guards on the production figure were indeed disappointing.
            I liked the prototype a lot better.
            Maybe my hopes were a bit too high regarding Gorn figures...I mean, they're family...
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

Btw, that shuttlecraft is absolutely amazing!
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• DC_Guy
                Museum Super Collector
                • Sep 18, 2008

I need a Gorn and an Uhura, as well as a Pike (but only if the head gets fixed). Enterprise playset would be awesome, too.

And I agree, that shuttlecraft is amazing!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I'm very curious (Zach?) as to whether the second runs will have variant details. For example, the illo or color of the Enterprise's furnishings.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

I think I remember the custom made shuttle craft from a little ways back, that looks so cool, and it would
                    be something sweet if EMCE ended up making one too.

Comment

• SKotK
                      Career Member
                      • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                      A Shuttle Craft would be cool too.
                      A Shuttlecraft would be AWESOME. Especially if it was anything like the one in the posted photos here...although that's probably not likely. Still, it's a great way to have a full small ship playset, whether it's done like that or in classic Mego style.

If EMCE reissues the Enterprise Bridge, I do think they should do a variant on the color of the accessories. They'll sell a few more units that way to collectors who want both variants, too.

--SKot
                      Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• puckace
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Feb 5, 2009

That shuttle craft is amazing! I don't know where I'd put it, but WOW!

Comment

• DSTZach
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Mar 1, 2012

I believe the bridge playset will be an exact reproduction of the last run, although I'm sure there will be some minor variations in manufacturing and packaging.

A scale shuttlecraft is highly unlikely. The number you would need to sell (or amount you would need to charge) to justify such a massive tooling cost is simply not feasible in the Classic Star Trek Mego zone. Maybe if it was made of cardboard?

And I believe we took new pics of the actual production Gorn to promote this new run. There should be no reason to show an inaccurate prototype. Either the wrong one was distributed, or a retailer used the old image.
                          Last edited by DSTZach; Aug 31, '15, 11:39 PM. Reason: typp

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by DSTZach
                            A scale shuttlecraft is highly unlikely. The number you would need to sell (or amount you would need to charge) to justify such a massive tooling cost is simply not feasible in the Classic Star Trek Mego zone. Maybe if it was made of cardboard?

And I believe we took new pics of the actual production Gorn to promote this new run. There should be no reason to show an inaccurate prototype. Either the wrong one was distributed, or a retailer used the old image.
                            Could you add a pic of the Gorn as it will be released now? To be certain...

As for the shuttlecraft: make it a Build-a-Figure type of thing: each figure gets a piece of the shuttlecraft with it. Collect them all, and get yourself a completed shuttle!

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 16, 2014

Yes cardboard, and half the size of that amazing scratch built number from earlier.
                              sigpic

Comment

• amby87
                                • Nov 21, 2009

I'd readily accept a cardboard shuttle craft playset that we could assemble? That sounds very retro.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎