X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • houseofdracula
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 11, 2011

Originally posted by Teemu
    Somehow FTC thinks people want to buy the same figure,different dress,over and over again
    Some people do.
    I don't know that I'll buy all 4 of these but there are a couple that I'd like to get.
    The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
    https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
      Career Member
      • Apr 30, 2015

Cash saved.

Comment

• jayraytee
        Career Member
        • May 27, 2011

THANK YOU FTC!!! ...for helping me save my money.

Sometimes their choices baffle me, If I had a toy company and the license to produce any figures I want from the DC universe.... my mind would go in the direction of producing any of the vast amount of major characters that were never produced. But, I get it variants are cheap to produce.
        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• rlkrefft
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 14, 2010

I love variants, and I will buy all here except Shame. FTC sold out of all the other variants they made (except Vote For Batman and the tied up versions) so they are in demand. I love the show and I like having any variant I can get. I do wish the Shame was replaced with either Vote For Penguin, Jockey Penguin or RM Riddler. Still 3 out of 4 is pretty nice. Sadly, I think all of these look better than that Batgirl they showed last week.

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

I don't know that I will get these, but they look sharp to me. And the clothing might be fun to kit-bash with. Would I rather see new 66 figures or DC characters, sure, but I think these are fun.

Comment

• megomania
              Persistent Member
              • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by houseofdracula
              Some people do. I don't know that I'll buy all 4 of these but there are a couple that I'd like to get.
              Is that why Toycade is having fire sales and said something like "there won't be a vote for penguin exclusive if these don't start selling".

I'm not bashing FTC (I've probably invested $1k in their stuff) but I think there's some pretty strong evidence their customers want new product, not rehashes.

-Chris

Comment

• OCSuperman
                Museum Patron
                • Sep 4, 2014

These are fun and episode related like the Pink Cowl Batman and Green Apron Alfred ... but I generally don't purchase "repeats" even if they look great ... not a slam, just my preference.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 30, 2015

Originally posted by jayraytee
                  But, I get it variants are cheap to produce.
                  ...., but sell at a higher price because they're 'EXCLUSIVES'.
                  I'm not getting sucked into anymore of these now. The only way that I'd even consider picking these up is a drastic drop in price.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Ya, this is a bit disappointing, especially when customers (loyal) customers ask for new characters
                    would it of hurt to at least make a (Newmar) RM Catwoman and 3 ach criminal variants?
                    I mean how really well is the variant Shame going to sell? about as well as tied up Batman probably,

Sandwich delivery Egghead I thought was pretty funny, Tut and Hatter so-so but not terrible, just not worth
                    getting at this point when your saving for what you hope comes out later.

2016 marks the 50th anniversary so maybe will see a bit more of what we want.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                      Wake Up Heavy
                      • Jan 31, 2010

So, guess it was villainous and not villainess.
                      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

One of the great things about a cloth Mego action figure is that you can actually change their clothes. The idea goes back to Action Jackson. One figure... lots of outfits and accessories. I understand why FTC doesn't sell these as just outfits: the market is adult collectors, many of whom want something that looks good in package. But I still think it makes sense and is making the most of the medium. Frankly, I wish EMCE did more of this with the Trek line.

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by jayraytee
                          THANK YOU FTC!!! ...for helping me save my money.

Sometimes their choices baffle me, If I had a toy company and the license to produce any figures I want from the DC universe.... my mind would go in the direction of producing any of the vast amount of major characters that were never produced. But, I get it variants are cheap to produce.
                          Their problem isn't the variants, so much as them milking their release--- as if their core-base of (generally) observant middle-aged dudes isn't gonna catch on and be turned off by the implied assumption.

Sprytel's solution is perfect, as it doesn't address grown men like drooling ten year olds...

Originally posted by sprytel
                          One of the great things about a cloth Mego action figure is that you can actually change their clothes. The idea goes back to Action Jackson. One figure... lots of outfits and accessories. I understand why FTC doesn't sell these as just outfits: the market is adult collectors, many of whom want something that looks good in package. But I still think it makes sense and is making the most of the medium.
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• megowgsh
                            Customego HoF Curator
                            • Nov 19, 2003

THANK YOU FTC!!! ...for helping me spend my money.

Love these variants. More than excited about ordering these and adding them to my collection.
                            Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• jeffbearco
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 27, 2011

Shame is still a quick repaint away from being a pretty good Elvis figure! LOL

Did Elvis ever do a western???

For the first time though, I'm getting a Jamie Hyneman vibe off Mad Hatter. Mego Myth Busters! Get out your sculpy to add to the beard and some paint!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                                Persistent Member
                                • Aug 12, 2004

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                                Shame is still a quick repaint away from being a pretty good Elvis figure! LOL

Did Elvis ever do a western???

JeffBearCO
                                He did several, including: Love Me Tender, Flaming Star, and Charro!.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎