X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

Playsets

Knowing that I do not work for FTC or have any insider information, I was going through the pre-orders on their web page and saw the classic Mego Repro Batcave. I was wondering if other people would rather have one with updated images to go along with the long awaited new waves of Batman figures. Also, would people like to see a Fortress of Solitude to go with a new Superman wave? And with a Wonder Woman wave coming out next year, would you like to see a Themiscara playset. Or even a Flash Museum playset?

Instead of a Bat signal, would the Fortress come with a Phantom Zone projector?

JeffBearCO
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

I'd like to see all of those as well as Oa playset with a big Green Lantern Central Power battery. Titans Tower would be cool too. Hall of Justice and Legion of Doom headquarters, too.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I'll be frank--I think the Batcave playset format is about the best playset Mego produced. So good, that they reused it two more times: for POTA and the Lost Continent. Portable, compact yet expansive in play, it's wonderful. The Enterprise Bridge and Munchkinland are very cool; the Witch's Castle is the best castle Mego did--but the Batcave rules.

Accordingly, I'd love to see FTC alter the Batcave illustration for other characters: I could easily see it as a Fortress of Solitude, the Rock of Eternity, Planet Oa, or even a Legion of Doom lair.

If FTC altered the door and floor shape to something more geometric, it could serve most any figure line.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by jeffbearco
        Instead of a Bat signal, would the Fortress come with a Phantom Zone projector?

JeffBearCO
        Modifying the Batsignal into a Phantom Zone Projector or an Oan Power Battery is genius.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LordMudd
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 22, 2011

Based on both the '66 and the theatrical versions, the Batcave is actually too small for 8" figures, technically speaking, but is perfect for the 4" figures because it gives that expansive feel that playsets made for 4" scale lack. This and the Mission to Gamma VI I would love to have for 4" figures.

CCC.

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

^^ yeah the mego Batmobile for the "8' figures is to big to go through the entrance,but a great playset anyway.

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

Adapting the Bat Signal to a large green power battery was something that I had not thought of. That could be awesome! Having the big side as Oa and the door side as the hanger with a drawing of the classic flight simulator would be GREAT!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by LordMudd
                Based on both the '66 and the theatrical versions, the Batcave is actually too small for 8" figures, technically speaking, but is perfect for the 4" figures because it gives that expansive feel that playsets made for 4" scale lack. This and the Mission to Gamma VI I would love to have for 4" figures.

CCC.
                I can see what you mean up to a point: Pocket/Comic Action heroes or ReAction Star Trek would be great fun with these sets. I don't think they fail as Mego 8" environments, though,

Comment

• eewdoc
                  • Feb 3, 2014

I had the Mego Batmobile and Batcave when they came out. The Batmobile will fit through the entrance with the figures in it.

Comment

• LordMudd
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    I can see what you mean up to a point: Pocket/Comic Action heroes or ReAction Star Trek would be great fun with these sets. I don't think they fail as Mego 8" environments, though,
                    I wouldn't say fail, but if you tried to recreate any of the classic fight scenes, it would just feel cramped.

CCC.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 21, 2009

Bring on Wayne Foundation!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎