Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sideshow Spock
    valar morghulis
    • Mar 8, 2005

My wife an I have been struggling to get through the season.. this last ep was the biggest mess yet. I think the show has really fumbled the transition of the first walkers and all the confusion and terror over what was happening, to where everyone is now, which is.. where?

Combine that with a group of completely unappealing characters, and it's been a rough first season. Hey, but at least we know the Ruben Blades has a very particular set of skills..

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
      valar morghulis
      • Mar 8, 2005

Might as well bump this Fear the Walking dead thread, since folks are using the original series thread to comment..

I've been very casually watching this season. My wife says it's gotten a little better..

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

It has been pretty decent but the zombies definitely take second billing and the people drama is much more in the forefront. I figured Victor was gay from the time they reached the house and he put his picture face down on the bureau, but they said (on Talking Dead) that wasn’t decided until after season one was in the bag and season two was in the writers’ room. Why would he put the picture face down, then? Maybe a painful reminder, or maybe the place was not known to his partner and he was seeing someone else as well (that was in the picture) and didn’t want anyone to see. I think I’ve watched too many soaps in my life.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I think the "let's help everybody" thing is getting old. Not many of them really want to survive...

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

I'm so sick of that stupid boat already...and I hate every single character (except for maybe Cliff Curtis)...starting with Ruben "Shaman" Blades...hope Walkers kill them all next week.

I'm almost retty much done with this show...makes the original Walking Dead look like Citizen Kane...

But, nothing else on Sunday nights (I just started watching Game of Thrones via OnDemand, just finished season one, so I'm not watching the first run episodes on Sunday)...so I guess will keep watching, I'm a glutton for punishment, lol...
            Last edited by Hector; May 4, '16, 3:25 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

I think the characters are finally starting to fill in. I actually like Nick now. couldn't stand him first season. I like the ruben Blades character but he needs to stop talking and watching and do something. I like Madison too, very easy on the eyes and I think she is tough as nails when needed. the rest of them I could stand to watch get eaten

Comment

• Mego Milk
                Custom Mego Maker
                • Jun 3, 2007

I hope the main couple get killed.
                they are ssooooooo boring.

I can feel them acting.

I like the drug addict kid and the boat captain.

the rest of the cast....hurts.
                hurts bad.

Comment

• great_chandel
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2, 2015

Robert Kirkman said in an interview last year that the biggest complaint people had about season one was the lack of action and violence. He vowed to fix that. It must have slipped his mind........if a new viewer were to watch this show for the very first time, there is no way that individual would know zombies were involved. They make cameo appearances -- at best! This show is so boring! It makes no difference if any of these characters live or die (yet, no one hardly ever dies in this show anyhow). The characters are dull and gather no sympathy whatsoever. Cliff Curtis is a good actor. yet, he is completely miscast in this role and with this group. "The Walking Dead" has engaging characters you actually care about. This show is absolutely the opposite. The ratings keep going down week after week (yes, I am aware it was renewed for next season). However, there is no mystery as to why the ratings are starting to tank. I do like Victor Strand. However, making his character gay was pointless and completely irrelevant -- it adds nothing whatsoever to the plot. This show is a major disappointment. I thought the first season was bad (it was). This season is far worse (I did not think that would be possible).

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

If it didn't say "Walking Dead" in the title, I would have stopped watching it in season one. It really is boring.

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

I like it. It's a different angle. I'm not bored at all, and while I haven't grown to love the characters like I love the regular Walking Dead crew, this is still really only its second season. I like that it offers contrast and lots of possibilities, rather than just repeating the formula of the original.

But, I'm a horrorphile, so I guess I'm an easy sell. (I even enjoyed A&E's "Damien" show) In my opinion, there's a lot to enjoy with this show. If anything, we're spoiled with all the television horror now. I'm happy we have this program while we wait to find out who Negan whacked.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                        Creature Of The Night
                        • May 14, 2011

Didn't care for the first season at all, thought it would get better this season. So far, not so much.

The original series caught my interest because the characters were interesting right off the bat. This show, like many others have stated already, is sorely lacking in that respect. Not one character on this show piques my interest at all. What's even more telling is that I couldn't care less if the boat blew up with the entire cast on board. It wouldn't shock me, and I don't even have enough interest in them to even hope for that to happen.

Probably won't continue to watch after the mid season break.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

It's more "Fear the other live people and not the Walking Dead", or "The Floating Dead". Aquazombies.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by great_chandel
                            Robert Kirkman said in an interview last year that the biggest complaint people had about season one was the lack of action and violence. He vowed to fix that. It must have slipped his mind........if a new viewer were to watch this show for the very first time, there is no way that individual would know zombies were involved. They make cameo appearances -- at best! This show is so boring! It makes no difference if any of these characters live or die (yet, no one hardly ever dies in this show anyhow). The characters are dull and gather no sympathy whatsoever. Cliff Curtis is a good actor. yet, he is completely miscast in this role and with this group. "The Walking Dead" has engaging characters you actually care about. This show is absolutely the opposite. The ratings keep going down week after week (yes, I am aware it was renewed for next season). However, there is no mystery as to why the ratings are starting to tank. I do like Victor Strand. However, making his character gay was pointless and completely irrelevant -- it adds nothing whatsoever to the plot. This show is a major disappointment. I thought the first season was bad (it was). This season is far worse (I did not think that would be possible).
                            What he said...

And yes, Cliff Curtis is a solid actor, but he's being wasted here. He has two memorable roles that have stuck with me over the years, Once Were Warriors and Training Day.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

Just watched last night's episode (mid season finale)

The show has gotten so bad i'm starting to like it for that reason.

Kinda like rubbernecking an accident, you know you shouldn't but you do.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                                Creature Of The Night
                                • May 14, 2011

....and I'm out. This show is absolutely horrible, IMO. The ending of this last episode was basically a complete retread of the Season 2 finale from the original show. I didn't think it was possible, but they managed to make me care even less for each and every individual in this group. They left me with zero interest in tuning in to see what happens in August.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎