Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZombieJimC
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 12, 2014

I thought the junkie girl in the church overdosed and turned. My wife thought she got stabbed, I thought got she stabbed after she was dead.

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
      I thought the junkie girl in the church overdosed and turned. My wife thought she got stabbed, I thought got she stabbed after she was dead.
      I think she overdosed and died, then turned and was stabbed when she was attacking the other people there.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Well I liked it. It takes a long series and gives it a fresh look on just what did happen before the series began.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• ZombieJimC
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by drquest
          I think she overdosed and died, then turned and was stabbed when she was attacking the other people there.
          Thats what I was thinking. Just didnt write it the way I was thinking it. Were on the same page anyway.

Comment

• Mego Milk
            Custom Mego Maker
            • Jun 3, 2007

here's what I thought...

It was very slow.
            I got bored a bit in the middle. No real connection to the characters. Didn't relate.
            The husband had more chemistry on the phone with his ex-wife than he did with any character on screen.
            They did things normal people would never do. Not much emotional in the characters reactions.
            I feel it needed more exaggeration. really sell it to me.

it needs something more.

Maybe it was because it was the first episode.
            I really want to like this series.

I didn't hate it. It wasn't bad.
            Just not up to WALKING DEAD standards....yet.

still...
            I will watch more.

Comment

• great_chandel
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2, 2015

Thoroughly disappointing pilot/first episode! Who in the world did the casting for this show -- simply awful. Other than the drug-addicted kid, everyone else in that show is all wrong. The casting for the dad was especially wrong -- that actor was all wrong for the role. In addition, there is not one character I care a thing about. Granted, this is just episode one. However, unless they introduce a Rick, Michonne, or Daryl type of character -- and soon, they can all get eaten by the walkers! There is not one character I care about if he/she lives or dies. Extremely disappointing first episode. To say it was generic at best, that would be a compliment.

Comment

• drquest
                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                • Apr 17, 2012

I will say this, FOTWD didn't grab me like the original The Walking Dead debut in 2010 did.
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Retro shirts and stuff
                More retro shirts
                Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Iron Mego
                  Wake Up Heavy
                  • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Mego Milk
                  here's what I thought...

It was very slow.
                  I got bored a bit in the middle. No real connection to the characters. Didn't relate.
                  The husband had more chemistry on the phone with his ex-wife than he did with any character on screen.
                  They did things normal people would never do. Not much emotional in the characters reactions.
                  I feel it needed more exaggeration. really sell it to me.

it needs something more.

Maybe it was because it was the first episode.
                  I really want to like this series.

I didn't hate it. It wasn't bad.
                  Just not up to WALKING DEAD standards....yet.

still...
                  I will watch more.
                  Pretty much exactly how I felt. Also, I guess writers these days feel like we'll relate more to messed-up people, when in reality I'd like to see some normal, nice people thrown into an awful situation. Not that they're all horrible characters, but it seems like everyone has to be flawed.
                  Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• ben138
                    • Nov 16, 2010

I thought it was pretty Dull.

Not enough zombie action, what there was got pretty nightmarish though.

Most of the characters were annoying, and I wanted them to be eaten.

I kind of want to like it, so I'll probably watch a few more episodes.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

I think one of the reasons I liked it so much is i'm getting sick and tired of the over-the-top writing and acting on the original series.

It was ok for a while, but lately it's becoming overly melodramatic.

Sometimes i'm almost embarrassed watching it during some scenes (the original)

It's like the writers are highschool kids or something.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by great_chandel
                        Thoroughly disappointing pilot/first episode! Who in the world did the casting for this show -- simply awful. Other than the drug-addicted kid, everyone else in that show is all wrong. The casting for the dad was especially wrong -- that actor was all wrong for the role. In addition, there is not one character I care a thing about. Granted, this is just episode one. However, unless they introduce a Rick, Michonne, or Daryl type of character -- and soon, they can all get eaten by the walkers! There is not one character I care about if he/she lives or dies. Extremely disappointing first episode. To say it was generic at best, that would be a compliment.
                        Why was the male lead actor all wrong? Because the way his character is starting out? A nerdy high school teacher?

Cliff Curtis is a physically imposing Maori actor from New Zealand. He's an expert of mau rākau, a traditional Māori form of taiaha fighting.

Believe me, he's going to eventually morph into a baddarze, that's been his motto throughout his career...he never plays wimps. Brilliant casting in my opinion. Nerdy and timid at first...then smashing Walkers left and right later, lol.

Cliff Curtis would eat Rick/Daryl/Michonne actors for breakfast in real life...

P.S. We both agree on the drug addicted teen though, and the girls are going to make him really famous too, lol.
                        Last edited by Hector; Aug 25, '15, 4:21 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• great_chandel
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2, 2015

I was not saying that the actor was bad. However, I still stick with the notion of casting him was terrible. He did not blend in at all -- no chemistry whatsoever with the actress playing the mother. Now with that being said, I thought the entire cast was poorly put together -- except the druggie. In all reality, I am not so sure anyone cast in these roles would have made a difference. The characters in this episode were so dull, boring, and unsympathetic, I would not have cared if all of them died -- you care nothing about them. At least Rick, Daryl, and Michonne are characters that you either like, or care what happens to them (unlike Carl). They have a draw, appeal, charisma! The characters in Fear the Walking Dead were simply going through the motions. The actors seemed bored with the material -- as was I. I will watch the next episode. However, if the next episode is as sorry as the first, then Kirkman better give his blessings that this show was renewed for season 2 before it even aired!

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

It was just the first episode and they had so much they had to set up. With only 6 episodes in season one I saw watch it for at least 3 episodes and if it does not pick up than drop it. It's not like there isn't that much on anyways since Falling Skies ends next week.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Yeah, man...it's only the first episode...let the characters marinate a bit, lol.

You think Daryl was likable at first? I hated that dude...I was wishing he get eaten slowly and painfully at first. Now I love him. That's why you should give the show more than two tries...it's an organic evolution and process...let it grow...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

BTW, in the original Walking Dead...I'm really getting tired of Sasha...she better dropped that mad at everybody crap...like she's the only who has lost a loved one, please, everyone has...perhaps it's time for her to be chomped to death, lol...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎