Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • z3zep
    The Girl Next Door
    • Sep 30, 2006

I think they should have spent some time on people getting really sick and going into quarantine. Have some people like that kid with knife talking conspiracy theories. Then have the virus mutate and people start coming back. oh and more interesting characters.

I will still watch only 6 episodes, it's ok and not much else on.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Well since there are only 6 episode in season one then you will be able to watch the whole season.

I kinda like this slow pace. The zombies are still fresh and it doesn't look like the 'walkers' yet.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

OK, second episode was better than the first. I would say the government and law enforcement know all about what's happening and they're just kind of leaving the general public in the dark. The characters are starting to grow on me a bit more, with the exception of teenage daughter and the Travis' largely androgynous son; hope they both become walker chow...,
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

Second episode was better, and I agree about the authorities being in the know. Did you notice all the police shots were through the eye of the walkers?
          The Mom wasted no time going rogue though, she was pretty quick to go from teaching school to breaking & entering and killing her friend/ boss.
          Seems like people are dying and turning faster here, it was only one day ssince school closed. Only a few hours since he neighbor went from loading his truck to eating the birthday party gang. In the reg WD, didn't Jim take a few days to go? Bob hung around awhile too. Is the virus slower to kill from a bite as it goes?
          Still don't care for the Dad or the druggie kid. Sister was a little more interesting. Really dislike the nerd kid from school.

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

Remember, everyone has the virus, so being bitten only kills you if you can't take care of the infection with meds, or by cutting off a limb, etc. People turn right after they die, but how long they die just depends on how badly they're hurt.
            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

the neighbor was also clearly already sick when they saw him loading his car so who knows how long since he was actually bitten or scratched

Comment

• drquest
                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                the neighbor was also clearly already sick when they saw him loading his car so who knows how long since he was actually bitten or scratched
                Hard to know... I bet they will grab his car when they leave since he was over there packing it up. I think he was the one attacking the neighbors across the street that had the birthday party.
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Retro shirts and stuff
                More retro shirts
                Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                  valar morghulis
                  • Mar 8, 2005

Just caught the first two eps on DVR. No character connection yet for my wife and I, and we're both big Dead fans. We were both pretty bored.

I'm sure it will get better.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

I loved the first episode but thought this one was meh

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                      valar morghulis
                      • Mar 8, 2005

Not surprisingly, these clean and fresh zombies have less of an impact than ones that have been rotting away for a couple years..

Comment

• Iron Mego
                        Wake Up Heavy
                        • Jan 31, 2010

I find it scarier, cuz you can't tell as easily if someone's a walker or not.
                        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• MegoMark71
                          Permanent Member
                          • Dec 18, 2008

The wife and myself are big fans of the walking dead. We have both liked it so far. I agree with a lot of what has been said. WD just started out on fire. This one has a slow burn. I like how they have done it. And i agree with you Hector about the dad. I think he was an awesome choice, great actor.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

The only problem with doing a prequel is WE know a lot of the stuff they don't (shoot 'em in the head, etc)

This makes for some very frustrated viewers.

It was the same thing in Diary of the Dead --- and we all know how popular that one is.

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

For me, the characters are okay, but the situations are what are terrifying. Tobias saying how quickly it will spiral. Although, I hope it doesn't accelerate too fast, because that is the singular advantage and difference between this show and the original: We get to see the progression (which Rick slept through). We get to see the government response. And so far, those are the things that are scary to me, more than the walkers (are they calling them that?) themselves.

I hope they have a different name than "Walkers", because it would seem the vernacular would be different assuming global communications are cut off, and regional slang is allowed to build on its own.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                                Hot Child in the City
                                • Jul 3, 2008

Well, I'm still not connecting with these characters. Other than Nick (whose name they say all the time), I don't even remember their names. The dad is totally useless, the mom is abrasive, the daughter is whiney, and Nick is annoying. The Latino family are just there.
                                Hopefully the season finale involves a walker buffet and then we get a stronger cast in Season Two.
                                Tonight's episode had no Walking Dead at all.
                                The soldiers are stereotypical power mad creeps, and will all be eaten by season's end.
                                The flashing signal is probably the nerd kid from the high school, who ate all the pudding he stole leaving none for Carl Grimes.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎