• ZombieJimC
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 12, 2014

Cant wait!!!!

Comment

• cockyhoskins
      Career Member
      • Jan 13, 2009

I've never watched the Walking Dead. Got interested too late to want to catch up. Think I can jump in on this one, as a separate property?

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Yes, because this is the beginning (and completely different characters). While Walking Dead already started full swing zombie.

Keep in mind, since Fear the Walking Dead is starting, the zombies will be fresher human looking. In the original Walking Dead, most zombies are in more advanced stages of decomposition.
        sigpic

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

15'ish minutes to go!
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Ok, so far this series blows the old Walking Dead out of the water.

I'm really liking it a lot.

I would probably watch it even without the zombies

BTW, anybody else think the boy is a dead ringer for a young Johnny Depp ?

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
              Career Member
              • May 14, 2007

Nick is by far my favorite character so far and I thought he looked like a young Johnny Depp too. I liked tonight's episode overall and can't wait until next week.
              Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Loved it...looked more like a first run theatrical release film than a TV show, what a great start.
                sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                  Hot Child in the City
                  • Jul 3, 2008

I'll reserve judgement until a couple more episodes air, I'm just not connecting with any of the characters yet. I know it's supposed to be a "blended" family but it's a bit too dysfunctional for me so far.
                  As far as the zombie part though, I'm liking the slow build up, and the what's happening? angle.
                  Anyone else think the hospital is stockpiling zoms for testing? They were in a hurry to get the dead guy " downstairs" when he coded.
                  And I foresee an emotional encounter between the mom and the nerd from the school when he turns and attacks her.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

One letdown for me on a production note was I read the pilot episode was filmed in LA but the rest of the series will be filmed in Canada.

Personally I thought AMC were heroes and a great example to modern film-makers keeping the original series filmed in the US.

Now to read they're filming this series in Canada I can't help losing some enthusiasm for it.

I have nothing against Canada... Just hate to see production money spent outside the USA

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

I liked it, nothing really groundbreaking so far. I did appreciate the 1 1/2 hour premier, I hate when shows rush everything too much.

My feelings on what's going on is that it's being heavily covered up, the sickness that is. We won't know what is causing it, same as in TWD, but what happens will happen fast. Good catch on the old guy dying, they've probably been instructed to move all recently deceased people to quarantine right away or something like that.

I'm ok with the blended family angle, but it seems like they did it just to make a point that they could do it.

We only have 5 more episodes beyond this one and I'm hopeful it continues telling a good story.
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Mikey
                        BTW, anybody else think the boy is a dead ringer for a young Johnny Depp ?
                        my wife and I said the same thing.

the mom is pretty hot. I am liking the show so far

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 28, 2013

One letdown for me on a production note was I read the pilot episode was filmed in LA but the rest of the series will be filmed in Canada.

Personally I thought AMC were heroes and a great example to modern film-makers keeping the original series filmed in the US.

Now to read they're filming this series in Canada I can't help losing some enthusiasm for it.

I have nothing against Canada... Just hate to see production money spent outside the USA
                          I would love it to stay in the US as well because that would mean my lousy Canadian dollar would be worth more than 75 cents US, and I wouldn't rethink my toy purchases and end up waiting.

I liked it but mostly because I like the two lead parents. Both of them are great actors. Liked the homage to the church scene in 28 Days later, and there was something familiar about her approaching the Principal with his back turned to her. Oh yeah, it reminded me of the scene where Sarah Polley approaches the ambulance with the guys legs out in the Dawn of the Dead remake. Solid start for sure.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I like the lead male, Cliff Curtis...have been following his career since Once Were Warriors, where he played Uncle Bully.

The dude can play all kinds of different ethnic characters...he has played Hispanic characters, even though he's a New Zealander of Maori decent. Good solid actor.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Then you should also fight for American actors rights, because half the cast is non American...just like in the other Walking Dead show...example, Rick and Maggie comes to mind.

This is nothing new Mike, movies are all about illusion...location is irrelevant, as long as audiences get fooled.

You think any of the Indiana Jones were filmed in the USA? Star Wars? Etc...?

I personally could care less where it's filmed...it could be shot in Pluto, as long as it's good...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎