Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amby87
    • Nov 21, 2009

Will a Yvonne body take an FTC head?

I was thinking of buying a Yvonne figure and then putting an FTC WGSH Batgirl head and costume on it. Has anyone else done something similar? Is it even possible or am I just wasting my time?
  • megodarryl
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 31, 2006

I tried this with my FTC Wonder Woman, but the head doesn't fit properly- it makes her neck look too long. The Zica Yvonne head is shaped differently in the back, to fit on the neck post, than a Mego style female head. Sorry I haven't learned how to post pics

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

I tried, too. The Mego/FTC heads don't really work on the ZICA body.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
        I tried, too. The Mego/FTC heads don't really work on the ZICA body.
        How about a Charlies Angel head from the 70's toy line? I have a custom I'd like to make and shrinking the original Charlies Angel head is not really an option because it will become to brittle to re-root. I was thinking of going the Zica rout if the head can be used on a Zica body.

Comment

• Capt Kirk
          Museum Patron
          • Jan 15, 2005

I know this doesn't answer the above question, but thought I'd post in order to offer another customizing option: the Mattel retro figures are perfect for Yvonne heads!
          I had a pale blonde Yvonne head without a body, and recently picked up lots of the Janine/Samhain figure sets on clearance, so I gave it a shot - the head fits quite snugly, and the skin tone is even pretty close.
          In my opinion, the Yvonne body is the best female Mego body, but the Mattel retro figures stay in close second, so I hope this little tidbit helps, somehow!
          AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎