X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

"52"- Character of the Year?

After reading the whole entire year of "52" I'd have to see my favorite character of the ones spotlighted was Booster Gold. In the end, ol' Booster saved the day (and the multiverse). Plus we got Supernova out of the deal too. I'm looking forward to his new series from Geoff Johns, some other guy, and Dan Jurgens.

For runner up I'd have to say Ralph Dibny, Elongated Man. At first I wasn't too pleased with the way "52" handled the character but in the end it all worked out for the best and showcased Ralph as more than just a Stretchable Sleuth (more emphasis on the "sleuth" part). Plus he was reunited with his wife Sue. I'd love to see a new series or mini with these two in their new "Topperesque" role.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!
  • brineb
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 26, 2006

[QUOTE= Plus he was reunited with his wife Sue. I'd love to see a new series or mini with these two in their new "Topperesque" role.[/QUOTE]

I would love that as well!!! I agree that Booster Gold sorta was the star and went from B-List to A-List in my book. I also like the whole Rene Montoya/Question/BatWoman thing.
    I also play with other dolls:
    http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

It is one of my goals to get and read this series...what is Batgirl like?????

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Batwoman? There's a subplot with her and Renee Montoya (the new Question) and a cult that's out to kill her but nothing major. There was more hype than anything else when the character was introduced. Maybe she'll get more play in the Bat-world with a mini or something down the line.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Batwoman was My favorite "52" Character!
          sigpic

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
            MeGoing
            • May 14, 2003

Thanks Anthony...that's a bit disappointing after all the hype...but your comment made me want to still read it The Bat.

Comment

• LadyZod
              Superman's Gal Pal
              • Jan 27, 2007

I enjoyed the Booster story best. I just left like the stories changed midstream and I'm somewhat disappointed that issue #52 was crammed.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
              Check out my art:
              Art Portfolio@Redbubble
              Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• aquatroy
                Permanent Member
                • Apr 28, 2002

Black "Freaking" Adam!
                Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

Loved the treatment of Dibny but I goota go with the Question. I really enjoyed the character and the transition to Montoya.
                  WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

Booster was the Break out character of the Yr for sure,.. So much infact, he's gonna be getting his own Monthly. Funny though,.. Back Last yr, some time, DC stated that Shazam! Was going to be thier respective character of the yr, with a huge revamp & tie's to the whole universe. He was gonna be HUGE !.... So far I haven't scene nothing that Totally got me,.. other than when he save Superman in Justice.. Still waiting.. Maybe they ment Black Adam,.. Other than Booster,.. I really enjoyed reading his arc as well.
                    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• aquatroy
                      Permanent Member
                      • Apr 28, 2002

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                      Booster was the Break out character of the Yr for sure,.. So much infact, he's gonna be getting his own Monthly. Funny though,.. Back Last yr, some time, DC stated that Shazam! Was going to be thier respective character of the yr, with a huge revamp & tie's to the whole universe. He was gonna be HUGE !.... So far I haven't scene nothing that Totally got me,.. other than when he save Superman in Justice.. Still waiting.. Maybe they ment Black Adam,.. Other than Booster,.. I really enjoyed reading his arc as well.

DC put alot of hype behind the Trails of SHAZAM mini. They should have been patient and used the Jeff Smith Monster Society of Evil to launch a new series rather then gut the old concept becuase they felt they needed to modernize the character.
                      Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

I'm curious if we will eventually see the Shazam! series we all really want. After all, it was show in "52" that Earth-S (now known as Earth-5) exists in the Multiverse. Perhaps we'll see the Big Red Cheese in all his glory once again, as soon as the bad taste of Winnick's revamp leaves every one's mouth.
                        Last edited by The Toyroom; May 21, '07, 12:48 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎