X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captact
    King of Super Queens!
    • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by JediJaida
    They are growing on me to a certain extent. As long as the problems are fixed in time for release, I will be buying these.

Maybe it's not the head that's too big, it's that the body is too small.

I don't mean height wise, I mean in overall build wise.

The current body that they are using is just too small, even though it's supposed to be an improvement on their former stock.

If the bodies were maybe a smidge bigger, like the classic Mego bodies, the heads might be a better fit.
    I agree with JediJaida...maybe its not the head,..but the body,..look at the Mego Daisy for example, big head on skinny thin body,..once the head is placed on the Mego poseable body,..the difference is HUGE!!! Check out this pic,..I just added to the FTC Batgirl more hair, lashes, lowered her batbelt, connected her cape around the neck,...IMO its an improvement,.....think she looks better now?
    11863511_889977501095964_1827523405178664495_n.jpg

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by captact
      I agree with JediJaida...maybe its not the head,..but the body,..look at the Mego Daisy for example, big head on skinny thin body,..once the head is placed on the Mego poseable body,..the difference is HUGE!!! Check out this pic,..I just added to the FTC Batgirl more hair, lashes, lowered her batbelt, connected her cape around the neck,...IMO its an improvement,.....think she looks better now?
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]16434[/ATTACH]
      yes she certainly does.....I think people shouldn't get their hopes up for any kind of improvement as I think what (prototype) was shown today is what we're getting

Comment

• megalomaniac001
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 24, 2009

Sorry, but that Batgirl head is not looking good to me. The others are fine. I was not getting another Batman anyways. I am disappointed with Batgirl.... These problems are really beginning to turn me off from FTC.

Comment

• houseofdracula
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 11, 2011

I am a huge fan of this series but I have to say that I'm not crazy about this Batgirl figure.
          I never cared for female Mego's either so maybe it's just me .
          The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
          https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

It's not just you. The Batgirl head does not look good.

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

I would like to see more pics to be sure, but I will still get Batgirl because I need one for my collection. The figures with big heads remind me of Brat Dolls .

Comment

• megomania
                Persistent Member
                • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by megalomaniac001
                Sorry, but that Batgirl head is not looking good to me. The others are fine. I was not getting another Batman anyways. I am disappointed with Batgirl.... These problems are really beginning to turn me off from FTC.
                Unfortunately agree. I'm at the point of liquidating my Batman 66 pieces and not buying anymore

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                  I have had very high expectations for Batgirl since she was announced. This sculpt does not look good to me. Barbara looks good, RC Batman looks good and I could care less about Chief O Hara. The heads are way too big on all of them and I too will never make peace with that. It is a genuine problem that needs to be fixed. I would love to think Batgirl's sculpt would change for the better and the heads would be reduced in size but I am afraid these are the exact figures we'll get judging from past history.
                  given that they are due in December-ish, they are probably already in production and these are going to be what we see.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

We've been told over and over that head size is being addressed--for a year. Yet FTC keeps showing oversized prototypes that make it into production.

The fact is, FTC copies of vintage heads and bodies are slightly smaller than originals. Most of the new stuff is oversized. I don't hold out hope that this will ever be properly addressed. At any rate, it's too late for any sort of line consistency or integration. I like the '66 line, but this newest wave is disappointing.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jayraytee
                      Career Member
                      • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by megomania
                      Unfortunately agree. I'm at the point of liquidating my Batman 66 pieces and not buying anymore
                      I did just that already. The big heads, lame bodies and poor sculpts have just turned me off especially with the price increases. The only thing I actually like about FTC figures is the costumes and I just can't justify paying that price for the costume to switch it to a better body... if I have to sculpt my own head as well.
                      Last edited by jayraytee; Aug 22, '15, 8:52 AM.
                      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

Going forward I actually plan on avoiding these announcement threads. It's always great news followed by tons of negativity.
                        It's 2015 and we're getting Batgirl and Cheif Ohara megos! They aren't perfect but I don't remember Aquaman's Spock ears or iron man's nose bugging me as a kid. I loved the characters and was happy to have them.
                        Kiddos to FTC for making my childhood dreams a reality after all these years. Nobody else has even come close for me.
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• jayraytee
                          Career Member
                          • May 27, 2011

The revearse could also be said... Going forward I actually plan on avoiding these announcement threads. It's always a let down followed by chastizements from FTC-bots.
                          It's 2015 and we're getting Batgirl and Cheif Ohara megos... that don't live up to the quality of Megos produced in the 1970s.
                          Shame to FTC for making my childhood dreams a disaster after all these years. Nobody else will ever have this opportunity after they kill the market.

If you think that's over the top, then so is your post.
                          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Hate to add another negative comment, but what else can I say...Batgirl is a big disappointment(just like the Frank Gorshin Riddler).

Lately I've been thinking of getting out of the Mego game altogether. Not just "re-Megos), but originals as well. I'm a Hot Toys collector now and really can't afford both hobbies. HT are really expensive, but you pay for quality. So...expect a MASSIVE sale coming from me real soon.
                            sigpic

Comment

• PlayerOnTheOtherSide
                              • Dec 7, 2012

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                              Going forward I actually plan on avoiding these announcement threads. It's always great news followed by tons of negativity.
                              It's 2015 and we're getting Batgirl and Cheif Ohara megos! They aren't perfect but I don't remember Aquaman's Spock ears or iron man's nose bugging me as a kid. I loved the characters and was happy to have them.
                              Kiddos to FTC for making my childhood dreams a reality after all these years. Nobody else has even come close for me.
                              Sad that this is still happening, isn't it? The irony is that Yvonne looked at theses same figures and thought they were fine, but MM doesn't like them. I think that says it all.

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by The Bat
                                Hate to add another negative comment, but what else can I say...Batgirl is a big disappointment(just like the Frank Gorshin Riddler).

Lately I've been thinking of getting out of the Mego game altogether. Not just "re-Megos), but originals as well. I'm a Hot Toys collector now and really can't afford both hobbies. HT are really expensive, but you pay for quality. So...expect a MASSIVE sale coming from me real soon.
                                If you have any minty loose, hit me up. I'm in the market.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎