X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ninersphan1
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by SpaceAgent
    Batgirl, Barbara Gordon, Chief O'Hara and Batman w/ removable cowl are Series 5.

Look very nice from the picture.

Sadly appropriate that the announcement comes just after Yvonne Craig has passed away.
    UH where's the pics?????????

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
      Career Member
      • Apr 30, 2015

On the FTC Twitter page.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Am I excited to see these? Yes. Are they exactly as I'd hoped they'd be? No. Will I be buying these? Yes.

I have to confess, Yvonne's death has hit me harder than I would've expected. Not sure why.

If I might offer my opinions: Megos are DOLLS. Female dolls should be "pretty". I can't think of an actress who was more "doll-like" in life than Yvonne Craig, and I mean that with the utmost warmth and sincerity. She was beautiful. These dolls are not. But I'm so hungry for all things Yvonne/Batgirl, I will be buying anyway.

Honestly, here's a situation where Tonner excells. Their portrait of Yvonne, while maybe not Hot Toys accurate, is pretty, and pleasant to look at. I think "The Farrow's" problem is, he is aiming for Hot Toys accuracy in a format where you run the risk of making the product look like a hot mess if you strive for that kind of likeness.

Here's the Tonner. I know scale wise, it's apples and oranges, but still...

Fans have been waiting a long time for the 66 females, and expectations have grown high. They needed to deliver.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Yes, the toner Batgirl is beautiful, like I said in another thread, this 66 series is 50/50 RC Batman
          and Barbara Gordon should sell well, I don't have a problem with Barbara Gordon face, but Batgirl?
          why not use Barbara face sculpt with cowl? Chief O'Hara is not terrible but it does have that Richard Nixon
          vibe, maybe the next 66 series, will see the Siren and she can tell O'Hara to go jump in Gotham lake.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

Hmm. They're servicable, but that's about it, in my opinion.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

I'm going to guess series six will be Newmar cat woman,Neil Hamilton Gordon,John Astin Riddler and Eartha Kitt Catwoman.

Comment

• drogge
                Career Member
                • Jul 24, 2009

I wonder what the body improvements are, can't really see anything too different from retro mego style in the pics. I do like what I see though. Good likeness and costume. I wonder how the hair is rooted in the back. Not really happy with the non rotted hair on the Barbra Gordon figure. I think rooted hair should be standard on Mego like figures. Perhaps I will change my mind when I have this figure in hand.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Cindy has the Tonner doll on the way. I'm not a fan of Tonner's male dolls, and even their females some time look to mannequin-like, but this one has a lot of life in her.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                    I'm going to guess series six will be Newmar cat woman,Neil Hamilton Gordon,John Astin Riddler and Eartha Kitt Catwoman.
                    and or a False Face

Comment

• OCSuperman
                      Museum Patron
                      • Sep 4, 2014

Hhhmmm ... this is hard. Since I first learned of FTC classic TV Batman line, I've wanted Batgirl (back then I didn't even think we'd get a B. Gordon) so my expectations are HIGH ... also Wave 4 figs are all stand out (in my opinion) ...

I want to love Batgirl ... and Barbara ... but I don't (yet). I do know, that every figure has looked better in Hand! For sure, the cape is too long (fingers crossed this gets fixed).

I will be buying these.
                      Last edited by OCSuperman; Aug 21, '15, 4:23 PM.

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

They are growing on me to a certain extent. As long as the problems are fixed in time for release, I will be buying these.

Maybe it's not the head that's too big, it's that the body is too small.

I don't mean height wise, I mean in overall build wise.

The current body that they are using is just too small, even though it's supposed to be an improvement on their former stock.

If the bodies were maybe a smidge bigger, like the classic Mego bodies, the heads might be a better fit.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• nobody
                          banjo!
                          • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by JediJaida
                          They are growing on me to a certain extent. As long as the problems are fixed in time for release, I will be buying these.

Maybe it's not the head that's too big, it's that the body is too small.

I don't mean height wise, I mean in overall build wise.

The current body that they are using is just too small, even though it's supposed to be an improvement on their former stock.

If the bodies were maybe a smidge bigger, like the classic Mego bodies, the heads might be a better fit.
                          I will be using the matell body on my batgirl.

Comment

• nobody
                            banjo!
                            • Jan 26, 2012

I hate to dis on this so soon after her death, but they really missed the mark all round on both. The utility belt should be low on her hips.

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by megoknight
                              I will be using the matell body on my batgirl.
                              I am thinking Mattel body or ZICA Yvonne body...

I do see a problem though.Batgirl looks to have a skin tight suit in which redressing this,it may not fit on the Mattel body at all

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 22, 2011

I have had very high expectations for Batgirl since she was announced. This sculpt does not look good to me. Barbara looks good, RC Batman looks good and I could care less about Chief O Hara. The heads are way too big on all of them and I too will never make peace with that. It is a genuine problem that needs to be fixed. I would love to think Batgirl's sculpt would change for the better and the heads would be reduced in size but I am afraid these are the exact figures we'll get judging from past history.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎