Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Action Jose The Kung Fu Man: Image of the Basic Figure discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip View Post
    More Hasbro Morgue picture reveal (as one eagle-eyed poster on the forum pointed out) More Action Jose plus another odditie: a muscle bodie GI Joe carded on Defenders packaging. (on the far right side of image, 2nd to the top.)
    I don't think the muscle body is carded. I think it is hanging in a plastic bag in front of the Defenders package. It looks like something cloth is packaged, and Joe is just dangling in the right spot to look like he's packaged. I could be wrong. It might just have his shorts up by his head. Maybe the package is in the plastic bag, but it doesn't look like it.
    Last edited by LonnieFisher; Nov 2, '16 at 10:57 AM.

Okay, upon further examination, I deduce the figure and package are both in a plastic bag. The figure is loose, and an article of clothing is packaged. The figure is in the corner of the bag, right in front of the clothing's blister. It looks like it is inside the blister, but it's an illusion due to position. The feet are outside the blister and pressing against the bottom of the bag, clearly. Sorry to ruin somebodies discovery, but I'm positive it isn't a carded figure.
    Then again, two cards above it is a carded figure. One on the same style card. You can see his feet.
    Last edited by LonnieFisher; Nov 2, '16 at 11:10 AM.

Hi,
    Sorry to say this because old photos are tricky and do things to the eye. I have stared at this pic a lot. That pic is indeed a Muscle body Land Adv on Defenders card. A little know fact is at the end Hasbro was blowing out old stock as they prepared to rebrand Gijoe. They were thinking of using the 10in scale before going to the smaller Super Joe scale, there are even Muscle body Joes with Bulletman hands molded in flesh color.(There are bogus ones out there but the rivit will always tell) If you look up above the figure you can see the depth of bubble is big enough for the figure. The Defenders uniform cards are smaller roughly magazine size and have different artwork. Hope this helps.
    Internet pic:

Wonderful photo! To me it looks like the figure is inside a bubble but the whole thing is in a plastic bag. Perhaps his feet had pushed out of the bottom of the bubble (which could explain what appears to be extra headroom at the top of the bubble). That isn't just a carded outfit with a loose figure in front of it, as the size and artwork of the card is clearly for figures not the outfits. I wish I could go into that room through the photo, seeing all that Super Joe merchandise is making me swoon!

I think you are right and the feet have pushed through the plastic.This picture is so cool! I love this pic! What's really amazing is that this is what was leftover after the warehouse flood. Imagine what was lost!

Did you see the Hasbro Polaroids of prototype Joe items recently on Ebay? There is a cave headquarters in one Polaroid that looks to be for Darklon?

Man, what was Hasbro doing with some of this stuff? Looking over the pics again, I see "Mr. Action" figures on the pegs!
    The hands that grip.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip View Post
    Man, what was Hasbro doing with some of this stuff? Looking over the pics again, I see "Mr. Action" figures on the pegs!
    My guess is market research. Knock Offs were able to produce a cheaper product and were doing well at it. That's why Hasbro knocked itself off with the Defenders toyline. In my Kmart Gijoe only had about a 1/2 of the toy space with the KO stuff having the other half. A boxed uniform came with shoes and a few small accessories like guns ect was $1-$1.25 while Hasbro sets ran ran twice that with no shoes ect.

Yeah, I've bought more than my fair share of toys from people in the toy industry. They often have stuff they had no involvement with. It's sort of keeping a record of trends and what the competition is doing. A former Kenner Canada employee I knew had micronauts, WGSH, Cher, a whole bunch of different stuff.