• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Elvira Mistress of the Dark TAS?!

Elvira pumpkins.jpg

Elvira, whose real name is Cassandra Peterson, attended Boston Comic-Con earlier this month, where she told fans she's working on an animated series based on the Mistress Of The Dark, according to MassLive (via ihorror).

Peterson rose to fame in the 1980s hosting a Los Angeles weekend television show that presented horror movies. For Elvira's appearance and personality, Peterson chose to blend a sexy vampire look with a spunky and sarcastic "Valley Girl" attitude. It was a hit. Soon Elvira became a brand, her likeness being used for Halloween costumes, comic book, action figures, trading cards and much more.

Part of Elvira signature look is a black cleavage-enhancing gown, which she believes sends a positive and important message to women. "Just because you look sexy ... you don't have to be a bimbo," Peterson said. "You don't have to look like Margaret Thatcher to be a strong woman. Sorry, Margaret Thatcher!"http://comicbook.com/2015/08/17/elvira-animated-series-in-the-works/
    Oh I am SOOOO going to watch this on whatever channel it is on.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • binkystarr
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 16, 2015

Gotta love Elvira aka Cassandra Peterson for keeping horror movie hosts alive and going.

Comment

• LordMudd
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 22, 2011

She should work out a deal with Funko.

CCC.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

I love that woman. Can't imagine her ever having a bad day.

Comment

• LordMudd
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 22, 2011

When I was younger I had the poster of her in the corset on the lower half of my closet door, which put her eye to eye with my dog when he jumped up on my bed, and would freak him out. He stopped jumping up on my bed.

CCC.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Never heard of her since the mid 80's when her motion picture company spammed us East Coasters with images of her to death.

To this day I remain loyal to our local cutie ---- Stella, the man-eater from Manayunk.

Comment

• SainthoodDenied
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 26, 2008

I'd watch it for sure, always been a big fan.
              Chad

Comment

• El Hombre Nuclear
                Museum Super Collector
                • Sep 5, 2014

Originally posted by Mikey
                Never heard of her since the mid 80's when her motion picture company spammed us East Coasters with images of her to death.

To this day I remain loyal to our local cutie ---- Stella, the man-eater from Manayunk.
                Oh man, "Saturday Night Dead"! I hadn't thought of that in YEARS. I was able to watch it once in a while circa the mid '80s, after my grandparents moved to south Jersey, where the Philly channels came in. The big local horror-fest in the NYC area where I grew up was "Chiller Theatre" on WPIX. The last great show in that vein was "MonsterVision" with Joe Bob Briggs in the mid/late '90s. Loved that one...

As for Elvira, I was never a huge fan, but I had those computer adventure games (where they basically just shoehorned her in there for titillation's sake) for the Amiga in the early '90s.
                Last edited by El Hombre Nuclear; Aug 19, '15, 7:16 AM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Neat! It would be cool if it was based on the first Elvira movie. It would be fun to see Uncle Vinnie and Gonk again.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎