• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Best and Worst of Superhero films revisited

SEE REVISED LIST LATER IN THIS THREAD

It has been a while since it has been brought up and I like lists.

So....

Here is my current top 30 Theatrical released comics movies

1. Avengers
    2. Avengers Age of Ultron
    3. Captain America - The Winter Soldier
    4. Dark Knight
    5. Iron Man
    6. Incredibles
    7. Spider-Man
    8. Conan the Barbarian (Arnold)
    9. Superman II
    10. Batman Mask of the Phantasm
    11. Captain America
    12. Iron Man 2
    13. X-Men
    14. X-Men Days of Future Past
    15. Spider-Man 2
    16. X2
    17. Guardians of the Galaxy
    19. Batman (89)
    20. Watchmen
    21. Thor
    22. Superman The Movie
    23. Unbreakable
    24. Batman Returns
    25. Daredevil
    26. Thor The DarkWorld
    27. Flash Gordon
    28. Batman Begins
    29. Ant-Man
    30. Incredible Hulk

31. Blade
    32. V for Vendetta
    33. Sin City
    34. The Crow
    35. Unbreakable
    36. Batman Forever
    37. Batman (66)
    38. Hellboy
    39. X-Men First Class
    40. Blade 2
    41. Amazing Spider-man
    42. Rocketeer
    43. Superman and Mole Men
    44. Kick ***
    45. Phantom
    46. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1994
    47. Man of Steel
    48. Superman Returns
    49. Ghost Rider
    50. Mystery Men

51. The Shadow
    52. Howard The Duck
    53. The Mask
    54. The Wolverine
    55. Punisher War Zone
    56. Amazing Spider-man 2
    57. Hellboy 2
    58. Iron Man 3
    59. Ghost Rider Spirits of Vengeance
    60. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

The 10 worst movies (-I have not yet seen The 2015 Fantastic Four)

1. Catwoman
    2. Constantine
    3. Blade: Trinity
    4. The Punisher (Thomas Jane)
    5. Spider-man 3
    6. Elektra
    7. Fantastic Four (2005)
    8. The Dark Knight Rises
    9. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    10. Gren Lantern

Dishonorable mentions Batman and Robin. It didn't make the list because my kids love it. Supergirl - Helen Slater could have just walked around and flown in the costume.
    Last edited by Brue; Feb 14, '16, 12:03 PM. Reason: REVISED LIST slightly
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

You forgot Supergirl...

sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Flash Gordon at 24 & 27? Are they suppose to be two different versions?

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I'll condensed my list to top five and worst five.

Best Five:

1. Superman 1 & 2...sorry, have to group them together, lol.
        2. Dark Knight
        3. Guardians of the Galaxy
        4. X Men First Class
        5. Deadpool, I know, I know, it's not out yet, but that movie is going to rule, I just know it, lol

Worst Five:

1. Fantastic Four 2015...I saw the last ten minutes on YouTube, holy crap, truly terrible, lol
        2. Catwoman
        3. Howard the Duck
        4. Roger Corman's Fantastic Four
        5. Iron Man 3...I hate that movie, I can't stand it...burn all the reels, please, please....start with Gweneth Paltrow, please, please, please...oh...War Machine/Patriot, useless, useless...one last oh...blast that kid too, lol...

Guilty Pleasures:

1. Supergirl, come on, Helen Slater was perfectly cast, sure, movie blows, but she's too damn adorable...and Flash Gordon...Queen, nuff said...

sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

I feel absolutely zero guilt in my pleasure I take from Flash Gordon! LOL!

And you are dead right about Helen Slater. Shame they didn't give her a better script.

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by jwyblejr
            Flash Gordon at 24 & 27? Are they suppose to be two different versions?

whoops - corrected
            Last edited by Brue; Aug 16, '15, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
              You forgot Supergirl...

Supergirl is an AWEFUL movie -but doesn't make my worst list because Helen Slater is too wonderful. And it was released in a period of time void of many superhero offerings.
              Last edited by Brue; Sep 9, '15, 8:36 PM.

Comment

• Brue
                User without title
                • Sep 29, 2005

I'll condensed my list to top five and worst five.

Best Five:

1. Superman 1 & 2...sorry, have to group them together, lol.
                2. Dark Knight
                3. Guardians of the Galaxy
                4. X Men First Class
                5. Deadpool, I know, I know, it's not out yet, but that movie is going to rule, I just know it, lol

Worst Five:

1. Fantastic Four 2015...I saw the last ten minutes on YouTube, holy crap, truly terrible, lol
                2. Catwoman
                3. Howard the Duck
                4. Roger Corman's Fantastic Four
                5. Iron Man 3...I hate that movie, I can't stand it...burn all the reels, please, please....start with Gweneth Paltrow, please, please, please...oh...War Machine/Patriot, useless, useless...one last oh...blast that kid too, lol...

Guilty Pleasures:

1. Supergirl, come on, Helen Slater was perfectly cast, sure, movie blows, but she's too damn adorable...and Flash Gordon...Queen, nuff said...

Corman's FF does not count - not theatrically released. It was done on a shoestring budget and is not really comparable to movies made 10 to 20 years later with HUGE budgets. And for that matter, it doesn't deserve the bashing it gets. It is really not that bad.

Howard the Duck is cheesy but has so many good things: Lea Thompson!!!!!!!!, Early superhero film, Jeffrey Jones, Tim Robbins - and most importantly the cheesiness itself.

Yes Iron Man 3 was BAD.... but there are many films worse. perhaps it seems so bad because IM 1 and 2 were so great and 3 fell so short.
                Last edited by Brue; Aug 16, '15, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

My worst super hero movies list remains largely unchanged, with one or two additions. I dislike these by varying degrees for a variety of reasons...

Daredevil, Catwoman, Burton's Batman and all its sequels, Spider-Man 3, Fantastic Four (2005), Fantastic Four (2015), X-Men Origins Wolverine, X-Men 3, Nicolas Cage's Ghost Rider films, Branagh's Thor, the Thomas Jane Punisher movie, Ang Lee's Hulk, Superman III and IV, Elektra... plus a few others.

Each and every one a sorely missed opportunity and a poor adaptation of the source material.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I will go to my grave defending the director's cut of Daredevil.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

I liked Daredevil too. I also think Thomas Janes Punisher movie was the best one. might not be as true to the comic, but it was a fun movie

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Brue
                        Supergirl is an AWEFUL movie -but doesn't make my worst list because Helen Slater is to wonderful. And it was released in a period of time void of many superhero offerings.
                        Then you should've listed Supergirl in a Gulity Pleasure List...just like I did...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Brue
                          Corman's FF does not count - not theatrically released. It was done on a shoestring budget and is not really comparable to movies made 10 to 20 years later with HUGE budgets. And for that matter, it doesn't deserve the bashing it gets. It is really not that bad.

Howard the Duck is cheesy but has so many good things: Lea Thompson!!!!!!!!, Early superhero film, Jeffrey Jones, Tim Robbins - and most importantly the cheesiness itself.

Yes Iron Man 3 was BAD.... but there are many films worse. perhaps it seems so bad because IM 1 and 2 were so great and 3 fell so short.
                          The title of you thread states this; Best and Worst of Superhero films revisited.

I went by that.

So yes, I listed Corman's FF, and rightfully so. Being done with a showstring budget is irrelevant, a movie is a movie, and yes, it's horrible...truly horrible.

Howard the Duck is also part of the "Marvel Universe", no? I'm afraid it's almost as horrible as Corman's FF.

No, nothing is worse than Iron Man 3, nothing. After the awesome first Iron Man (which I almost listed in my best top five)...and taken into consideration this was a big budget flick, sorry...the scenes with the kid were even worse than in Superman Returns. I lost count how many times Iron Man's suit broke into a million pieces every time he crashed landed. He suit takes a blow from Thor's Mjolnir just fine in the Avengers...but can't handle rough landings in Iron Man 3? Robert Downy, the actor, is at his most annoying here. This is the film where his vain and egocentric face shows the most on screen while wearing the suit. Hey, it's Robert Downey wearing and Iron Man suit except on his face, so we can all see this wonderful Academy Award Nominee for Best Actor, damn the character of Iron Man, it's all about Robert, lol. War Machine, Patriot, or whatever the copycat version of Iron Man is called, what an utterly and complete useless "superhero" he turned out to be, captured in the lamest manner, and easily, like taking candy from a baby, what a joke. Iron Man needs an armada of remote controled Iron Men to fight just one dude, please. And the most ridiculous of ridiculous of scenarios...despite all that firepower...here comes Gweneth Paltrow to the rescue...lol. Sorry, Iron Man 3 left the worst taste in my mouth, more so than any other superhero flick I've ever scene...and truly deserves WORST superhero movie EVER made in my opinion.

Great thread though...I thank you...

Last edited by Hector; Aug 16, '15, 2:55 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• daz71
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2014

best- batman(60s) worst-latest fantastic four

Comment

• jwyblejr
                              galactic yo-yo
                              • Apr 6, 2006

The title of you thread states this; Best and Worst of Superhero films revisited.

I went by that.

So yes, I listed Corman's FF, and rightfully so. Being done with a showstring budget is irrelevant, a movie is a movie, and yes, it's horrible...truly horrible.

Howard the Duck is also part of the "Marvel Universe", no? I'm afraid it's almost as horrible as Corman's FF.

No, nothing is worse than Iron Man 3, nothing. After the awesome first Iron Man (which I almost listed in my best top five)...and taken into consideration this was a big budget flick, sorry...the scenes with the kid were even worse than in Superman Returns. I lost count how many times Iron Man's suit broke into a million pieces every time he crashed landed. He suit takes a blow from Thor's Mjolnir just fine in the Avengers...but can't handle rough landings in Iron Man 3? Robert Downy, the actor, is at his most annoying here. This is the film where his vain and egocentric face shows the most on screen while wearing the suit. Hey, it's Robert Downey wearing and Iron Man suit except on his face, so we can all see this wonderful Academy Award Nominee for Best Actor, damn the character of Iron Man, it's all about Robert, lol. War Machine, Patriot, or whatever the copycat version of Iron Man is called, what an utterly and complete useless "superhero" he turned out to be, captured in the lamest manner, and easily, like taking candy from a baby, what a joke. Iron Man needs an armada of remote controled Iron Men to fight just one dude, please. And the most ridiculous of ridiculous of scenarios...despite all that firepower...here comes Gweneth Paltrow to the rescue...lol. Sorry, Iron Man 3 left the worst taste in my mouth, more so than any other superhero flick I've ever scene...and truly deserves WORST superhero movie EVER made in my opinion.

Great thread though...I thank you...

Don't forget stuffing the bad guy in one of the Iron Man armors,blowing it up and he survives.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎