X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by scott metzger
    Actually, I think that would have been a bad move: I don't think FTC wants to make the first versions of each of those characters the less detailed SF versions. Note that all the non-HB characters announced so far already have a regular Mego style figure. I expect we'll see each of them after they've shown the regular or comic based versions. Flash has been announced, but not shown, but if they were manufacturing two different versions so close together, there might be a possibility of the SF one coming out first or too close to the regular release.
    I would say fine Scott... but coming from a company that has given us over 10 forms of Batman Just as many Robins and Multiples of Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Even Green Arrow and Shazam... I think Green Lantern, Flash and Hawkman would have been met with open arms... But Like the Heinz Commercial says Anticipation..... lol

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by JediJaida
      The head sculpt is one thing. The head size is quite another.

As much as they say that they are working on the head sizes, have they really improved anything? Judging from the size of the FA Robin, I'd say not. His head is very out of proportion to the rest of him. As much as I love the fact that we are getting new stuff, I just can't justify spending my money on it if they aren't going to address the problem of the head size!

Okay, it's being a bit petty. It is still a valid point, isn't it?
      To me it looks like they used the same head mold for this new Robin and didn't bother reducing it to match the smaller body. But what do I know?
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• binkystarr
        Museum Super Collector
        • Apr 16, 2015

Yay! Wonder Woman by Alex Toth. I hope they DONT mess up Wonder woman like they did with Daisy Dukes and her weird body,giant head and ill fitting clothes.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

I find it kind of annoying that the Superman, Samuari, and Apache Chief sculpts don't really appeal to me and appear to be a good size yet the sculpt on Robin looks pretty good and appears to be too big. I guess I'll wait to see them in person to decide if I'm buying.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Kind of wished they didn't release El Dorado so soon. Maybe put him in a Wave with Firestorm.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
              I don't think it's petty. I wish Bizarro's head was smaller. That being said, dealing with China is hard for everyone. You get what you get, or you pay for new tooling for a 10-15% adjustment in size. They'll never say "Oh, our bad!" and redo it for free, which is why we see big heads and/or factory hopping. Nobody does it on purpose - FTC, EMCE, BBP or Zicaway. They all send their money overseas with fingers crossed and little recourse if things go askew.

I can tell you they're aware of the issue and trying to insure that the tooling in the future is as close as possible on sizing. Wonder Woman's hair will be rooted, so have your combs ready:-)

Exactly but you still need to repost this every 5 minutes for some!

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

I'm just hoping El Dorado doesn't end up looking like Ponch from the CHIPS Mego line. If you don't like the head sculpt, that could always be your fallback position. John could be your fallback Barry Allen head. LOL

JeffBearCO

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                  I'm just hoping El Dorado doesn't end up looking like Ponch from the CHIPS Mego line. If you don't like the head sculpt, that could always be your fallback position. John could be your fallback Barry Allen head. LOL

JeffBearCO
                  Except Ponch/Eric Estrada is Puerto Rican. Not Mexican.

- Ian
                  Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

Excited for series 2 of the Super Friends, by the way.

- Ian
                    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎