X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1977 Ideal Evel Knievel Catalog

1977 looked like it would be another banner year for Ideal Toys with it's Evel Knievel toy line which set sales records the previous years.

Evel was even playing himself in the movie "Viva Knievel" to be released that June but thanks to a very well publicized incident, it all came crumbling down that year.

More Daredevil stunt goodness.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I still say the Evel Kneivel stunt cycle is the greatest toy ever made, as far as hours of fun provided, and basic durability. You can jump that thing over a house, and other than the handle bars, the thing will still be intact.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

I love Evel! (RIP) I have 4 stunt cycles, (including a Playing Mantis set), a trail bike, a regular chopper, a mini chopper, 2 dragsters, a stunt and crash car, 1 and 1/2 stunt stadiums (one is the just the structure ramp and path), the Skull Canyaon set, and a Poof-Slinky Deluxe Daredevil stunt set. As well as Derry Daring sets.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• El Hombre Nuclear
        Museum Super Collector
        • Sep 5, 2014

This is another line that, at least locally in the NYC area, I remember being generally available for several years after it had been discontinued. I suppose the fact that it was suddenly canned while still relatively popular makes that unsurprising.

I had a bunch of this stuff as a kid, but my favorites are Skull Canyon (Evel Vs. Bigfoot = 1970s in a box) and the couple of weird outdoor adventure/camping type of sets that they shoehorned into the line.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Don't buy the chopper

The exhaust pipes break off on the first stunt

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎