Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

I also got my 5 figures on saturday.Very nice ,Batman,RC Batman are very nice,Although as others stated,the cowls should have been shaded
    like batgirl ,Batgirl is the best of this set,she looks fantastic,no neck issue ,black & yellow with blue cape -nice contrast.The robin as mentioned
    does have a large head,but not to bad .Outfits for green & yellow caped figures is fantastic also ,love the new rubber type shoes.very nice
    packaging on these figures .Oh and i think standard batman should have had white out eyes like they did for Robin.ill be buying another
    Batgirl & a robin ( perhaps a green cape ) for a loose set.But the Batmans dont look that much different from the earlier ones ,to buy them again.if
    they shaded the cowl and whited the eyes on the standard i certainly would .Great work FTC .now bring on the batcave..

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

I just got my Robin yesterday. The head is indeed too big. I keep thinking/dreaming of a way to scan the heads in and print them in a smaller version with a 3D printer.

The scanning is the part that scares me. I keep getting a relatively inexpensive 3D printer showing up in my Facebook feed.

Information on your M3D Crane Series printer.

Has anyone ever tried this though? Has anyone ever tried to scan a head into a 3D program?

JeffBearCO

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by alex
        Isnt the head a little excessively large, it seems bigger than the original, personally cant get excited about these figures.

Thank you! I was wondering if anybody else was going to mention that. It IS BIGGER than the original Mego Robin.
        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by jeffbearco
          I just got my Robin yesterday. The head is indeed too big. I keep thinking/dreaming of a way to scan the heads in and print them in a smaller version with a 3D printer.

The scanning is the part that scares me. I keep getting a relatively inexpensive 3D printer showing up in my Facebook feed.

Information on your M3D Crane Series printer.

Has anyone ever tried this though? Has anyone ever tried to scan a head into a 3D program?

JeffBearCO
          seems like an acetone shrink and repaint would be easier.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            seems like an acetone shrink and repaint would be easier.
            That's what I was going to say. I have some shrunk Robin heads. One with a removable mask.

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

But I'm trying to justify getting a 3D printer.

You guys aren't helping. LOL

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

Does anyone know why FTC didn't just use the Korak action figure head for the First Appearance Robin?

The hair is about the same and the scale is pretty much perfect.

I was thinking about this over the weekend and seriously considering getting a Korak and dressing it as Robin.

Oh, and then painting a pair of Aqualad gloves green so that he matches the rest of the young Teen Titans figures. (Jeffrey Logic)

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎