X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

First Appearance Robin

I took some [large] picture tonight of the 6", yellow caped, first appearance Robin for Figure Toys Company:

Everything fits very nicely. The belt is nice and tight (adjustments for looser or tighter). New 6" Robin shoes. The suit fits perfect. And the head sits firmly on the body (unlike some of the recent 8" FTC figures).

With Mego 8" Robin:

Looks like a kid next to the Mego Robin, which is good in my mind. All the greens of the new Robin (shorts, sleeves, gloves and shoes) match perfectly.

With Mego 8" Batman:

Fits in great with Batman. Even has new 6" oven mitts!

With FTC Kid Flash:

And he looks good as a member of the Teen Titans.

Overall he is a great figure. The body feels solid and I think he looks great. The hair does have a two-tone shading effect, but its not as drastic as the prototype pictures.

I think this is one of the best "original" figures FTC has made!
    Attached Files
    sigpic LaserMego
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the back of the card shows (among others) a prominent picture of Bat Woman.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Great review, it looks to be a nice figure. I'm surprised by the new shoe tooling.

Silver-age Batwoman? Not much of a fan of the character, but I love her costume. Looking forward to seeing how they execute her figure.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tiinacat
        Museum Patron
        • Feb 4, 2015

can't wait for mine, ordered the entire wave plus green cape

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
          Career Member
          • Apr 30, 2015

I was going to stay away from these FA figures, but I'm just about sold now. Great review and nice pics. Thank you!

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

wow, actually looks better than the prototype, wish they would have junked the ovenmitts, tho. They really drag down an otherwise nicely detailed figure. Wonder where else they will use those new shoes? Harley?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Great review! Mine are coming in the mail today so I'll do a complete pictorial of the set. I like the production fixes to what worried me about the prototype. The paint apps on the hair and mask are especially clean. The tailoring looks very nice and I'm loving those shoes. The belt is a nice touch (note the yellow buckle is now square as opposed to the circular version on the prototype). Looking forward to opening mine today! Thanks again for the review!!
              Last edited by MIB41; Aug 12, '15, 5:50 AM.

Comment

• megowgsh
                Customego HoF Curator
                • Nov 19, 2003

Hey guys, why the red collar? What am I missing?
                Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Bob Kane use to illustrate him with different colored collars. Sometimes he had a red or green collar. Only later did they settle on yellow. I'm thrilled they were able to play with that since companies are usually pretty strict on the style guide.

Comment

• Brue
                    User without title
                    • Sep 29, 2005

Thanks for posting those pics.

I have resisted buying one remego after another for the past couple years, but I am near the breaking point.

Comment

• alex
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 15, 2009

Isnt the head a little excessively large, it seems bigger than the original, personally cant get excited about these figures.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        wow, actually looks better than the prototype, wish they would have junked the ovenmitts, tho. They really drag down an otherwise nicely detailed figure.
                        At first I was thinking giving it the 66 treatment, but now I am leaning towards the same style gloves as the rest of the TT clan. The head being larger doesn't bother me, I have always thought the TT male heads were a smidge small.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ I think the molded hand/gloves would have been a nice touch. I might fiddle with these a little and look in that direction. Cool figures though.

Classic Tv Toys started making retro MEGO type 8 inch action figures in 2005.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Now I'm tempted by this. Dagnabbit!

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 21, 2009

Looking forward to mine, although I do think the green cape should have come as an accessory with this figure, rather than be a separate figure altogether.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎