X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by jeffbearco
    and a removable cowl alfred as batman would just be really cool since he did show up in the series at least a couple of times like that. That would actually be cool if they did the suit out of a non-stretchy material so it intentionally looked baggy on him.
    winner! Winner! Chicken dinner!!!
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      A lot of your list just isn't going to happen, Green Hornet and Kato would require additional likeness and licensing. Col. Gumm is off the table along with Siren, Chandell, Minstrel, and Archer due to likeness rights, and it looks like the only Freeze is Premminger. A lot of the rest of that is probably too obscure to even consider, but hey you can dream!
      Any idea why some of these names are off limits TB? Gumm and Siren (Carmel and Collins) were both made into action figures before in the Playmates Trek line. Is it the cost?

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I think you have to negotiate with the Carmel estate or Collins herself. In both cases, it was probably worth it for Playmates as the Trek line sold like crazy back then, Harry Mudd and Edith Keeler are also really iconic Star Trek characters.

I don't think Gumm and Siren would be worth the extra expense IMO. I've also heard that Carmel's family isn't great to deal with.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Yeah, didn't they have to put bubble gum on his face for the Batman 66/Green Hornet comic book so as to avoid likeness rights?

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
            Yeah, didn't they have to put bubble gum on his face for the Batman 66/Green Hornet comic book so as to avoid likeness rights?
            Is that why they did that? Huh...had no idea. Can never figure out why some of these actor's families are so difficult. Like people are lined up for Roger C. Carmel's likeness. You'd think they'd be thrilled people are interested in them at all.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I suspect these will get pricier if the line dabs into the more obscure characters that likely have no market draw outside of the diehard collectors. I would certainly be part of that buying group, but it's been a great ride thus far. I don't see ANYONE ever doing a better job with this license. It's been a true blessing to get such neat character (and actor) likenesses from this show. Glad it happened in my lifetime. LOL!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by enyawd72
                Any idea why some of these names are off limits TB? Gumm and Siren (Carmel and Collins) were both made into action figures before in the Playmates Trek line. Is it the cost?
                I'm just going by the 66 Comic book, they aren't using actor likenesses for Gumm, Siren, Archer, Minstrel, Chandell or Sandman. It seems like a pretty good indicator since that have used Romero, Newmar, Gorshin, etc in the book.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

I have Playmates Star Trek 5" Harry Mudd (Carmel) and 5" and 9" Edith Keeler (Collins) figures with their likenesses. Would be too bad if we cannot get Batman 66 Col. Gumm and Siren figures with their likenesses as well!

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 11, 2014

FYI: Some of these actors may have signed there likeness away with some show appearances and not on others.

Comment

• JWLJN
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 7, 2013

Figured this would be an ok place to put this...

As much as I don't care for variants (I haven't gotten all the regular figs from this line that I want yet), has there been any discussion of FTC doing a "retro" '66 line? Reuse (and they LOVE that word...) the '66 heads but redo the outfits in Mego "printed" style exactly as they'd have looked had Mego done the line back when they did Star Trek, etc.? I don't think I would buy them, but they'd be an interesting visual...

-J\/\/
                      http://wrestlingmemorabilia.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/JWsWrestlingMemorabilia

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                        Career Member
                        • Apr 30, 2015

I'm just about getting ready to quit with this line. For me personally it's just starting to get a little out of hand. The odd exclusive here and there are all fine and dandy, but they're just coming in waves now and at a ridiculous price. Take the recent EE exclusives for instance. Absolutely ridiculous pricing for very little. Then the recent Tut, Egghead, Mad Hatter and Shame variants. They'll end up with an extra $10+ on top of the normal rrp. For me it's just milking the line.
                        I'll take the next two normal waves then I'm done. My original intention here was to go for the complete set, but nah. I'm happy to move on and concentrate on other lines.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 16, 2014

Yeah, I'm gonna pump the brakes too and start working on the Star Trek line and get these next two waves at tax time, still love the 66 Batman but the other 66 line is coming back and I'm not missing it again.
                          sigpic

Comment

• houseofdracula
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 11, 2011

Not me!
                            I've wanted Mego styled figures based on the Batman TV show since 1975 and I'm finally getting them.
                            I'll keep buying.
                            As far as Star Trek, I only need a Sulu.
                            The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                            https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

I am not stopping either. I will simply skip the ones I don't want or the ones I can't afford at the price (the EE Exclusives). No need for me to drop the entire line because they are releasing variants that I do not want. Especially when I am enjoying the FTC 1966 Batman figures that I do have!

Comment

• rlkrefft
                                Veteran Member
                                • Mar 14, 2010

I don't see why all the hate for the variants. With the exception of the tied up ones, they have all been a key part of the show and storyline. After waiting decades for toys on the series I am enjoying them all. We are not getting much from Hot Toys, Neca or Mattel, FTC is the only place we will see these rare figures. I don't always cheerlead them, I still think their 66 Batgirl is Fugly as all hell, but I am enjoying all the others.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎