Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amby87
    • Nov 21, 2009

FTC Hands onto Type S Body

I know this was discussed before but I can't find what thread it was in. I have an FTC Justice league Batman with the sewn on gauntlets and blue plastic hands that I want to switch over to a Type S body. Someone before mentioned using some kind of shrink tubing to "beef up" the diameter of the FTC hand peg so it will fit snugly in the Type S wrist socket. Does anyone know what size tubing I would have to use and where I can find it (i.e. hardware store, Wal-mart, etc.)? I apologize if I started this thread in the wrong category.
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

It's somewhere in here but a bit of tape will serve the same purpose

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by amby87
      I know this was discussed before but I can't find what thread it was in. I have an FTC Justice league Batman with the sewn on gauntlets and blue plastic hands that I want to switch over to a Type S body. Someone before mentioned using some kind of shrink tubing to "beef up" the diameter of the FTC hand peg so it will fit snugly in the Type S wrist socket. Does anyone know what size tubing I would have to use and where I can find it (i.e. hardware store, Wal-mart, etc.)? I apologize if I started this thread in the wrong category.
      Should you decide to go with the heat shrink tubing the size is 1/8" and the shrink ratio is 2:1. I'm guessing most hardware stores should carry it.

Comment

• amby87
        • Nov 21, 2009

Thanks Craig!!! I bought some heat shrink tubing at a local hardware store and tried it. It really does the trick. The size you said fits just right and really conforms to the peg shape well when heated. I now have a solid, good quality FTC/Zica/Cast-a-way Justice League Batman figure with blue hands. I know this has been brought up before but I hope you guys do a kickstarter for female and teen type S bodies someday, so we can put all of our FTC figures on good solid bodies. You could maybe then add a fat body, hulk body and starfleet boot lower legs as stretch goals, or something like that anyway. Just a wish of mine; that's all. Thanks again!!!

Comment

• amby87
          • Nov 21, 2009

Thank you for the suggestion!!! I can see where that would work too. I may try that sometime.

Comment

• amby87
            • Nov 21, 2009

Originally posted by ZICA
            Should you decide to go with the heat shrink tubing the size is 1/8" and the shrink ratio is 2:1. I'm guessing most hardware stores should carry it.
            Thank you for the suggestion!!! I can see where that would work too. I may try that sometime.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎