Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

My theatre pulled a whole bunch of zeroes for this movie during the week. It was brutal.

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Goblin19
      It's usually a 2 week guarantee for most movies depending on how many prints you get. Most theaters that don't have 20 screens have lost it already. I skipped Fantastic 4 despite being able to see it for free.
      It's only two weeks now? Wow.

So has FF is out by Sept.

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

Yeah, most are 2 weeks now. Only occasionally do we commit for longer. Usually on multiprint stuff, there might be a commitment to keep one print longer. Even then, that's not always the case anymore.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Well I manged to see F4 this weekend. It was very confusing. I have seen all the trailer, read about the cut scenes and you can tell where Fox was forced to step in (plus Sue's wig makes it easy to tell).

* Doom was the BIGGEST problem . With three movie down they still cannot get Doom right.you can see were the Doomashev the hacker was in the movie and even though they got rid of that they went with Mr. Roboto instead. What is so difficult about his comic book origin. Then they tried to include the Negative Zone oh excuse me Plant 0. It would have been better if the just ignored Doom and included Annihilus. By changing the villain they could have gone adventure/horror to the movie.

* As far as how they got there powers from the Negative Zone, it is just as believable as Cosmic Rays.

* After the fan feedback from the casting of the Human Torch they cut most of his solo scenes and they did effect the movie. You never understand what happened between Sue and Johnny to put them at odds.

* The whole Reed leaving the group behind was a HUGE mess and did not add to the movie at all.

* What happened to the Baxter Building?

* Why is it called Area 57 instead of Area 51?

* Thing needs to put some pants on. That was just strange.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            too cool

Comment

• daz71
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by Brue
              too cool
              best superhero suit i've seen since 70s spiderman nicholas hammond.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Had a sales meeting in a Denny's this morning, couldn't help but notice them throwing out all the Fan4stic table wobblers.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

Do you think there's a FF Support Group now?
                  After all these crap movies, I think membership will be high...
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

So my niece and nephew dragged me kicking and screaming to Fantastic Four last week (they couldn't be swayed to see Mission Impossible or Man from Uncle).

In my opinion, the greatest crime of this movie is that it's BORING! An origin that is just too long and drawn out, I'd have to concur at this point that these movies need to stop making the origin story the central point since we've now seen it before. I don't think it's a terrible movie... it's just not the Fantastic Four I know and love. None of the actors seem to have any kind of chemistry with each other. It's also too understated, muted and ill defined in terms of the hinted-at Love Triangle between Reed-Sue-Victor, ditto the sibling rivalry between Sue-Johnny, and the friendship between Ben-Reed (that it's the best serviced of the character/relationship arcs isn't saying much). The FF should not be so humourless and dank either... it should be colourful and operatic.

With that said, my niece and nephew actually liked the movie, since they were experiencing it in a vacuum with no deep knowledge of the comics or previous movies. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say the appeal for them is that it looks and feels like those Teen-Lit based movies that they both enjoy... Divergent, Percy Jackson etc.
                    Last edited by samurainoir; Sep 8, '15, 10:06 PM.
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

Well I finally got around to seeing it.
                      It wasn't anything special but not Battlefield Earth bad.

I could point out the obvious its not true to the spirit of the FF and its likely the people behind it never picked a comic in their life. Reed has salt and pepper hair implying he's in his late thirties early forties in the early comics while their Reed was in Middle school in 2007.

The first half of the film wasn't that bad but after they got their powers the cuts made the plot hard to follow. It's likely the original film ran too long and was poorly received so it was edited down to something that was short and digestible.
                      I think this stinker will be swept under the rug never brought up again and I hope Marvel gets the rights back and we can see a more faithful adaptation to the source material. Even if its only in cameos in other films like since anything FF will be box office toxic.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎