Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Disney/Marvel really has not control to what Fox is doing on both F4 and the X-Men Franchise. They get a very small kickback from the movies but they have zero control over them. This is one of the reason Marvel is NOT releasing any toys from F4 movie.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by enyawd72
      That's not true at all. Marvel definitely cared. They were aware of what was happening, but they couldn't really do anything to prevent it either. They were definitely NOT pleased with what Fox was producing and were pretty vocal about it. That's why they refused to promote or merchandise it in any way, not to mention cancelling the FF comic.
      That was their way of sending Fox a message.
      I happily stand corrected. Thanks.

Comment

• clemso
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 8, 2001

Smart man that Stan.

Originally posted by monitor_ep
        i was shock to noticed that Stan Lee did NOT make an appearance in this movie.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by monitor_ep
          Disney/Marvel really has not control to what Fox is doing on both F4 and the X-Men Franchise. They get a very small kickback from the movies but they have zero control over them. This is one of the reason Marvel is NOT releasing any toys from F4 movie.
          They want influence without having to pay for it. The Sony deal is just that; complete creative control but not for a billion dollars upfront. Fox would let them run the their properties for the right price but Wolverine is pretty costly.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

^I would love to get Stan alone with no cameras around and ask him what he REALLY thinks about this movie and all the changes they made.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by hedrap
              They want influence without having to pay for it. The Sony deal is just that; complete creative control but not for a billion dollars upfront. Fox would let them run the their properties for the right price but Wolverine is pretty costly.
              They shouldn't have to pay for it, and if the powers that be at Fox weren't complete idiots, they'd realize the gigantic box office from doing these movies correctly would be payment enough. An epic FF movie could be a billion dollar film, not a 27 million dollar film.

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

Some day the full truth of the making of this film will come out. I'm sure it will be more interesting than the film.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^They'll probably be a Kickstarter-fueled documentary covering it in 10 or more years.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                    valar morghulis
                    • Mar 8, 2005

Comment

• Godzilla
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 3, 2002

There's a great story in the Hollywood Reporter today about the production. With the scene in the trailer of The Thing jumping out of a plane and one in a making of feature showing an old car Reed looks to have converted to fly, you wonder how much footage was shot but not used in the final cut. Multiple sources say they re-wrote the third act which makes me wonder what the shooting script story was.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...source=twitter
                      Mortui Vivos Docent
                      The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

For all you who are curious, but don't wanna go through two hours of agony...here's the last ten minutes of the flick...hurry...before YouTube yanks it, lol...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Ok, I posted the link before I had a chance to watch the last ten minute clip...holy mother of god...it's HORRIBLE, lol.

I know the voices are somewhat sped up on that particular taping...but Jesus...the climatic scene is inept and lame...and everything feels so rushed...and the very end, where they are trying to decide how to name themselves, it's cringe worthy, corny, and just plain stupid. And they don't change to cool uniforms, still the same lame garbage from the trailers.

Holy smokes...this is actually way worse than Roger Corman's flick...lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Okay, to regain my sanity, I'm watching Ant Man vs the Falcon again...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Hector
                                Okay, to regain my sanity, I'm watching Ant Man vs the Falcon again...

That was a fun scene and I enjoyed it being in the movie. For me, characters crossing over into other character's movies is going to be as fun and as welcomed as it was when it happened in comics.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎