X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
    I'll wait until it's out on TV, in a year or so.
    Then they get my standard 15 minutes. If I'm not convinced by then, I switch to something else.
    It looks awful enough, so I'm not wasting time and money.
    Still waiting for a decent FF movie, and I don't think we'll be getting one anytime soon now...
    I won't pay a cent to see this steaming pile of you-know-what. If I get really, really curious, I'll check it out from my local library for FREE. I would imagine they should likely have a copy by October the way movie going...
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

^AMEN.

I also noticed we haven't heard so much as a peep out of big mouthed Mr. Jordan. You know, the guy who said we were all going to go see the movie regardless and he was going to show everybody how awesome he was. LOL.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by enyawd72
        Can't Marvel sue Fox for the rights back?
        I would think any good lawyer could argue that Fox's handling of the film was damaging to both the property itself and by association, the Marvel brand. They should be forced to sell the rights back at this point. This film was an insult to Jack Kirby, Stan Lee, Marvel and it's fans.
        Y'know, Dwayne, Tom and I were speaking of this subject just yesterday. FOX had to know what kind of a crapfest this version of the FF was, yet they decided to release it theatrically anyway, knowing full well that it would, in all likelihood, poison the franchise AND give MARVEL a black eye in the process (simply because your basic, everyday moviegoer is only going to see the red MARVEL logo come up at the head of the film and likely think, "Wow, one of MARVEL's movies really sucks).

For that reason, and for the fact that this incarnation shows FF members doing things that are COMPLETELY beyond their given natures, I agree the Disney/MARVEL should seriously consider a lawsuit against FOX in order to get back the rights to both the FF and all its affiliated properties.
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

^Quick! Somebody call Matt Murdock! And if if he doesn't win in court, at least he can go kick the crap out of somebody at Fox.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by enyawd72
            ^Quick! Somebody call Matt Murdock! And if if he doesn't win in court, at least he can go kick the crap out of somebody at Fox.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
              Y'know, Dwayne, Tom and I were speaking of this subject just yesterday. FOX had to know what kind of a crapfest this version of the FF was, yet they decided to release it theatrically anyway, knowing full well that it would, in all likelihood, poison the franchise AND give MARVEL a black eye in the process (simply because your basic, everyday moviegoer is only going to see the red MARVEL logo come up at the head of the film and likely think, "Wow, one of MARVEL's movies really sucks).

For that reason, and for the fact that this incarnation shows FF members doing things that are COMPLETELY beyond their given natures, I agree the Disney/MARVEL should seriously consider a lawsuit against FOX in order to get back the rights to both the FF and all its affiliated properties.
              Marvel's film banner is all over this movie. If they objected, they could have had their banner removed. If somehow Fox didn't honor that, Marvel could go to the Producer's Guild, MPAA, etc...and arbitrated removal. Fox was obligated to show Marvel any cut along the way, if they wanted to see it. Fiege started at Fox on the X series. He's not an outsider.

A few years ago, Fiege and Iger said they don't want the rights back from anyone, just creative control/usage of characters. Ant-Man proves the law of diminishing returns, (pun intended), is in effect even for them. So if they got FF back, then what? What gets bumped from the slate for a thrice damaged property? How much do they invest? The only way Marvel would move on an FF film is if they saw it as the bridge for Inhumans, GoTG and Avengers, but it looks like they substituted GoTG in FF's place and are filling in pieces as they go along, such as the ROM/Micronauts dust-up. They're investing in "spaceknights" for a reason, I'm presuming it's to replace Surfer.

The Wikileaks Sony also showed Marvel knew a hellva lot of creative choices Sony was making with Spidey. They objected, but Pascal was going forward because other producers wanted in. I think we're seeing the same thing here as the timeline for Marvel's hostilities towards Fox doesn't really kick in until the FF becomes an origin reboot. From '07-'11, FF was a recast sequel and Marvel didn't object.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

You know what?
                This movie will end up making enough money anyway, and the studio execs will say "well done!"
                That's the sad thing.
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I don't think it's going to make back it's budget. Movies that break even nowadays are considered a flop, so this one has no chance.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Godzilla
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 3, 2002

Granted I didn't pay for it, but I didn't think the first hour or so (prior to them getting powers) was bad. Doom is completely mishandled, but at least he was a coherent character up until that point. A little dull in spots maybe, but not bad in my opinion. After that it's pretty much a disaster.

With the extensive amount of action footage in the trailers that's not in the finished product, you can tell massive changes were made in the editing booth. I doubt we'll ever know what the director's real version of the film was, but there is no way that what was released resembles his version at all.
                    Mortui Vivos Docent
                    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• phil
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 11, 2007

This movie was not made in isolation. Fox and Marvel were both aware of what was happening. No one seems to have cared enough. That's both sad and stupid.

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        I don't think it's going to make back it's budget. Movies that break even nowadays are considered a flop, so this one has no chance.

Chris
                        Not theatrically. That's why I think the BR disc will be massive, put Trank's cut together and it will sell and stream tenfold out of sheer curiosity.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by hedrap
                          Not theatrically. That's why I think the BR disc will be massive, put Trank's cut together and it will sell and stream tenfold out of sheer curiosity.
                          I really don't think there will be much curiosity about this film at all.
                          sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by phil
                            This movie was not made in isolation. Fox and Marvel were both aware of what was happening. No one seems to have cared enough. That's both sad and stupid.
                            That's not true at all. Marvel definitely cared. They were aware of what was happening, but they couldn't really do anything to prevent it either. They were definitely NOT pleased with what Fox was producing and were pretty vocal about it. That's why they refused to promote or merchandise it in any way, not to mention cancelling the FF comic.
                            That was their way of sending Fox a message.

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

Did Stan do a cameo in ths one?

Comment

• monitor_ep
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 11, 2013

i was shock to noticed that Stan Lee did NOT make an appearance in this movie.
                                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎