Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewscreen variation on Enterprise Bridge set?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKotK
    Career Member
    • Mar 11, 2014

Viewscreen variation on Enterprise Bridge set?

I know there are the two variations of the Enterprise bridge in terms of the color of the furniture included, but I was wondering if they made a version that didn't include the hooks for the viewscreen (and possibly not the viewscreens themselves either). I have an original Enterprise bridge set that has the holes in the cardboard wall inside the plastic where the viewscreen hooks would normally be, but NO corresponding holes in the plastic on either side of the holes...like it's never been punched through. Mine was missing the viewscreens as well, but I just put that down to them being commonly missing anyway...however, maybe that was by design.

Was there a later version of the bridge with no viewscreen hooks included? Or is this perhaps just a factory error?

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI
  • chalwa
    Mego Philomath
    • Jun 8, 2007

Never seen what you describe. Sounds like a factory error but if anyone else has seen this, it could be a find.
    Chalwa AKA The Pre-Crisis Chris

Chris' Blogs:
    The Misadventures of Captain Blog
    Comic Book Fanzines: Chain Letters for Disturbed Children

When I am grown to man's estate,
    I shall be very proud and great.
    And tell the other girls and boys,
    not to meddle with my toys.
    -Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• SKotK
      Career Member
      • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by chalwa
      Never seen what you describe. Sounds like a factory error but if anyone else has seen this, it could be a find.
      It's the only one I have currently besides an unopened Diamond Select remake, so I don't have a frame of reference...for all I know mine could be the smaller Canadian version. I bought it in Seattle, which is pretty close to the Canadian border, so it makes it even more of a possibility. Is there any chance the Canadian/French version didn't include the viewscreens?

I'll take a closer look at it to try and determine if I have the Canadian one, as well as try to get a picture of what I've been describing.

--SKot

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• k2
        Career Member
        • Sep 12, 2007

there was that close out version that i think came with no furniture, or transporter. so prob didn't have the hooks or viewscreens

Comment

• SKotK
          Career Member
          • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by k2
          there was that close out version that i think came with no furniture, or transporter. so prob didn't have the hooks or viewscreens
          Interesting...I wasn't aware of that version, but I'm not surprised to hear of it. When I bought mine (used, of course) it had only the captain's chair and console (mixed colors) as well as the transporter. Whether it had the viewscreens and/or chairs is anyone's guess. Mine was either a factory error (they left out a step on the assembly line), or maybe a budget, possibly foreign version of the set?

IMG_0865.jpg
          Here you can see on the outside that the plastic has never been punched through.

IMG_0862.jpg
          And here is the view from the inside where the viewscreen would be.

I looked at it last night but didn't see anything that would tell me for sure if it was foreign/Canadian. Hopefully I'll be getting another one soon that I can use to compare.

--SKot

Comment

• scifiguy94
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 18, 2009

Not sure about the closeout version, but never saw one without the hooks. I have a Canada/French version and it has hooks and view screens.

Comment

• SKotK
              Career Member
              • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by scifiguy94
              Not sure about the closeout version, but never saw one without the hooks. I have a Canada/French version and it has hooks and view screens.
              Thanks for confirming.

I do wish Mego Museum could do an update replacing their very low-resolution images with higher resolution ones. The images of the bridge playset are so small you can't even tell the differences between the regular and foreign one...

--SKot

Comment

• Capt Kirk
                Museum Patron
                • Jan 15, 2005

My second Enterprise was a 'gift set' which included Kirk, Spock and Klingon - but no furniture, Transporter, viewscreens or hooks to hang them. This was late 70's or very early 80's, in Brownsville, Texas.
                I always figured that it was a closeout item, too. Hope this helps!
                AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎