• Mego Milk
    Custom Mego Maker
    • Jun 3, 2007

Aw Yeah Superman!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Chris and Knight Errant make a good point that really should be generalized: As opposed to GL's clever emotional spectrum and the Flash's Speed Force, the "powers" of DC's Big Three have lost a lot of nuance in the recent DCU. Aquaman seems to fluctuate related to whatever creative team and makeover he's in the throes of (which I guess is understandable) but otherwise IDK, it seems more one-dimensional to me. Wonder Woman has practically become Superwoman, I hate that.

Sure Batman's a genius, but that in itself, as many super-villains prove, is no guarantee of success. For me, the hallmark of his characterization, as with Mr. Terrific, should be his supreme ability to synthesize all his formidable talents into a crime-fighting marvel.

I see Batman suffering from Doc Savage Syndrome: If Doc is the most talented and capable of all, why drag along the Fabulous Five? For the same reason we need a JLA, Boy Wonder or Bat-Family: Batman's still human.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 30, '15, 2:47 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Random Axe
        The Voice of Reason
        • Apr 16, 2008

There's a fine line between intelligent and clever. I don't necessarily think one has an advantage over the other in this case.
        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

For Superman (or any speedster) to be able to function at super speeds, it means he has to be able to do everything at that speed including think and learn. Even if Bruce is innately more intelligent and more knowledgable and studied, the speed gives Superman a great advantage or at least makes up for most deficiencies.

For me, though, I'd had rather have vague explanations of the characters' powers because whenever fantastical powers are explained it essentially leads to a deconstruction of the characters that for me hurts more than it helps.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

The world is lucky I'm not Superman...I'm not honorable like him...I'd take over the world....and if there were a Batman...and if he'd try to oppose me...I'd blast him with heat vision from the upper atmosphere...he'll never know what hit him. Oh...and Wonder Woman would definitely be my girlfriend...

sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Batman buddy!
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• fallensaviour
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 28, 2006

If he's so smart why is he pretend?

If superman is the smartest humanoid on the planet and he was created by a Canadian,
                Does that not mean Canadians are the smartest humans on the planet?

It's your thread and your argument I'm just pointing out the obvious...lol
                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Batman is no longer the world's greatest anything. He's basically been reduced to a violent unstable brute. Even in the Dark Knight trilogy...Lucius Fox was the brains.
                  I would love to see a return to the stealthy detective...working on solving smaller crimes using only his wits and a burglar's tool kit.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                    Batman is no longer the world's greatest anything. He's basically been reduced to a violent unstable brute. Even in the Dark Knight trilogy...Lucius Fox was the brains.
                    I would love to see a return to the stealthy detective...working on solving smaller crimes using only his wits and a burglar's tool kit.
                    I agree!

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by enyawd72
                      I thought we were talking Comic Books...I feel the Nolan movies exist outside of comic book continuity.
                      sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

so... WHICH Superman is smartest?

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

I haven't seen a movie Batman that was a half decent detective. They've mainly been low rent James Bond types.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

While Superman was being educated by his father's hologram with the entire knowledge of Krypton Batman was in some snooty college teasing the free scholarship kids

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Also, I haven't ONCE...seen Batman build the Batmobile...he probably got one of his employees go to the local car dealership...buy it...and just customize it for super rich Wayne...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎