X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

Help IDing a figure! Please! Anyone!

I don't have an pics (that's part of my problem) but when I was a kid, in the 70s, I had a figure that I just loved. If I remember right, he may have been the size of the Gabriel Lone Ranger, about 10" or so, and was a Mexican character. I think I had him around the same time that my little brother had his Lone Ranger figure. The one I'm trying to locate had rooted black hair about ear length, maybe with bangs and a mustache. He was dark skinned and not the friendliest looking fellow. He may have had a poncho? Boots. Something in the back of my mind remembers he had dark red or maybe burgundy clothes? It's killing me that I can't remember his name or who made him but I have overwhelming need to find one to add to my collection.

I've searched ebay for Gabriel figures, for Ideal figures, for Mexican action figures, for Western figures, for vintage Xmas toys ads, etc, but I'm not seeing him. I know I'm not imagining things and I would definitely recognize the figure if I saw a pic. I'm running out of ideas!

HELP!
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

And I'll be damned if my next search, right after I posted my manic call for help, didn't turn up exactly what I was looking for! So relieved. I was beginning to think I had made the whole thing up in my mind!

Marx The Ready Gang Ringo.JPG

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I always thought that line looked neat--like Gabriel but with rooted hair.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Fun! He looks right out of a Sergio Leone movie.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 4, 2011

When I was very young, I had given to me, every single item, fresh in the box, from the Johnny West line. Every figure. Every horse. Every building and accessory. Even the buffalo! It was given to me by friends of my older brother. I remember coming home and seeing all those boxes on my bed and just being blown away. Marx holds a special place in my heart and this figure just stands out for me as a later addition to my toys. I will have him again (evil laugh)!!!!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎