X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Single Favorite Comicbook of all time!

If you had to pick only one, what would you're all time favorite comicbook be?

For me, it's Superman #300 (or Superman 2001). That iconic image, classic Curt Swan/Bob Oxner artwork, sums up comics at their absolute best for me.

Curious to hear yours.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

One of my favorite issues as well.
    But my absolute favorite is Superman 261

Comment

• WannabeMego
      Made in the USA
      • May 2, 2003

Marvel Two-in-One Annual #7

19530-2865-21801-1-marvel-two-in-one-an.jpg
      Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Random Axe
        The Voice of Reason
        • Apr 16, 2008

Everyone who knows me is aware of my fondness for Kingdom Come, but that doesn't count here as the subject matter is favorite single issues. I immediately thought of two.

Fantastic Four 285 - This might seem such an innocuous, useless issue as it's a tie in to Secret wars 2. What is contained inside is a powerful story about the influence superheroes would likely have on youth if they were truly real. It also shows the crushing weight of responsibility and repercussions for our actions however small we might see them.

Marvel Two in one Annual - This one gathered up the baddest of the bad superheroes and put them up against an unbeatable foe in a boxing match. It's a story about honor, perseverance and good sportsmanship. Really fun book.

I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

Can't pick just one. Hell I had a hard time on picking the 2 that for are tied.

All Star Squadron #1. This book started me on the love of the World War 2 characters that I really miss with DC basically destroying their company. Can't bring myself to buy the new junk...but I will always have my All Star Squadron #1:

The second would be The Spectre #12 from the third Spectre series that DC did. John Ostrander and Tom Mandrake brought that character to a whole new level. I picked number 12 because the central character, Amy, gets killed by The Reaver. The Reaver was a serial killer that was targeting HIV positive women. Here ultimate death sets up the rest of the series. Just a very emotional and powerful story.

There is better synopsis of the story here : http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Spectre_Vol_3_12

Again, DC has completely destroyed this character as well with all the reboots...including Hal Jordan as The Spectre.
          Last edited by Blue Meanie; Jul 26, '15, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by WannabeMego
            Marvel Two-in-One Annual #7

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16150[/ATTACH]
            I knew we had more than good looks in common. See my post on this book.
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

The Brave and the Bold #182:

Story by Alan Brennert, art by Jim Aparo, and the reason why I go by Earth 2 Chris.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

To me, one of the great comics of my childhood was Fantastic Four #69. That issue really profiled just how dangerous the Thing could be if he were to turn on the team. That issue had everything -Great artwork (Jack Kirby), great story, and tons of memorable scenes. In fact when Megos came out and it was the FF's turn at that scale, I got the Torch and the Thing so I could reproduce the battles from that issue. It was an epic issue that I read over and over again. And for me, those images ARE the ideal look of the Fantastic Four.

Here's the issue on Youtube if you want to read it (probably with the sound down).

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                  Permanent Member
                  • Sep 15, 2014

No one mentioned ff #51 yet?
                  an important message about envy. Sometimes you have to walk in other people's shoes (or at least witness who they are first hand) to really understand them.

I remember Wolverine #9 being a really good read at the time

Comment

• Brazoo
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 14, 2009

Every once in a while my mom would take me downtown to Toronto's biggest comic shop to use any money I saved to get some books, but one time I used all my cash and just got one book. A somewhat beaten copy of FF #60 (I believe it was $6).

It was my first Kirby issue and it was like opening a portal into another time for me. It felt like I owned Action Comics 1 or something. It's also got awesome stuff like Doctor Doom riding Silver Surfer's surfboard, which blew my mind.

It's a great issue, but it also brings back a lot of great memories of me as a kid falling in love with comics.

--

Originally posted by Random Axe
                    Marvel Two in one Annual - This one gathered up the baddest of the bad superheroes and put them up against an unbeatable foe in a boxing match. It's a story about honor, perseverance and good sportsmanship. Really fun book.

Cool - I love that FF issue you picked, but I never even heard of this one before. I'll have to check for a back issue at my shop and try and check it out!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Hulk number 5 for some reason I really like the intelligent, rough acting Hulk a lot more than the baby like Hulk most are familiar with, too bad the format of this issue wasn't followed by Lee and Kirby.

You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Marvelmania
                        A Ray of Sunshine
                        • Jun 17, 2001

tough to narrow is down but these were some of my favorites.

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Random Axe
                          Everyone who knows me is aware of my fondness for Kingdom Come, but that doesn't count here as the subject matter is favorite single issues. I immediately thought of two.

Fantastic Four 285 - This might seem such an innocuous, useless issue as it's a tie in to Secret wars 2. What is contained inside is a powerful story about the influence superheroes would likely have on youth if they were truly real. It also shows the crushing weight of responsibility and repercussions for our actions however small we might see them.

I'm always surprised how much I enjoy this comic... particularly since it features the Jheri Curled disco suit Beyonder from Secret Wars II. It was so gut-wrenching reading this one at the time.

In the same vein, I love this issue of Spectacular Spider-Man.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• bleit1701
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 1, 2009

Avengers Annual 7/Marvel 2 in 1 Annual 2
                            Better late than never.....

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                              Banned
                              • Jun 23, 2001

I thought for sure my big bro was going to say Avengers 100:

He used to say "You've gotta see this book...you can see the Hulk literally sweating" That's how blown away he was by Barry Smith's art in this issue. Ya think you know someone for close to 46 years??!!?? Who knew.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎