Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

I'm liking the bigger noggin on this guy. Just seams "right" somehow. Alfred? Not so much.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

The big head doesn't bother me as much as the lack of the saw blade teeth. It still reads Sivana, but that would have put it over.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I wholeheartedly agree, his leering overbite is iconic.

Very glad to see a more well-tailored tunic, though--and I'll be replacing the shoes.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        The big head doesn't bother me as much as the lack of the saw blade teeth. It still reads Sivana, but that would have put it over.

Chris
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

to me, after seeing what the Farrow did with "Smiling Jack" Superman in the superfriends line,
          it would have killed Sivana in this iteration. His sculpts get it right 50% of the time.
          In this case, less IS more and made the figure rock!!

I do agree about the BrainWave comparison though...may have to pick another up to make it happen.
          I always liked BrainWave ( and the Thinker) for that matter....
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• megodarryl
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jan 31, 2006

Originally posted by darkbros
            I am, in all seriousness, actually very very happy with this figure!! It's simple, but yet it captures the villain Dr. Sivana very well I think!
            (It would have been worse if they tried to do the toothy grin he had in the '40s comics, IMHO). Well Done, FTC.
            I completely agree- I got mine today, and the head size fits the character, for me. I gave him socks, some black Mego shoes, and regular 8" scale hands.

Comment

• Boywonder0
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 29, 2007

He looks great! Wasn't going to pick him but now I will. Thanks for the pics!

Comment

• megowgsh
                Customego HoF Curator
                • Nov 19, 2003

Here he is in my display case along with some other figures to show scale. I personally think he's great.

Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

finally, some good head on shots, thanks Austin!!
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

He looks great!
                    And wow! Mego-style Super Powers Steppenwolf custom ! Well done!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

That's a great group shot.

And I'll venture that FTC cannot improve upon your Brainiac head.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Now I'm tempted to get him, I will need to replace the hands with flesh monster hands, they would work well for the character.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• warlock664
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne

Well, we know they could make it bigger !

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Bazinga!

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne

It IS a green-painted/electrode-sporting WGSH head casting after all.
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

^Obviously, and well-sculpted and in-scale no less. I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or busting my chops. I think most folks here know Thor makes a nice Brainiac.
                                Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 29, '15, 9:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎