X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by ZMOQ
    Just picked this up at the library yesterday.

Did Gene Simmons do the voicework on his character, The Demon? I've been listening to Gene Simmons' speaking voice for several decades, and in this cartoon movie, it doesn't sound a thing like him. The credits say "Gene Simmons as the Demon" but I really have my doubts.
    I think it's pretty obviously Gene, but he's playing the Demon so he's being more growly and aggressive.

I loved the parodies of Kiss merchandise in the movie. Seems a bit too realistic, as the real-life Kiss merchandising machine doesn't overlook *ANY* moneymaking possibilities. I'm really surprised that they put the merchandising jokes in as it hits really close to home.
    KISS wouldn't have approved it if they were unhappy with the gags, but they clearly have a good sense of humor.

Also I noticed that all of the classic Kiss songs are re-recordings. I guess that either they couldn't get the rights to use the original recordings, or they wanted to give the fans new re-creations of old hits.
    With Kiss involved, I'm sure they had access to any music they wanted. The songs were re-recorded so the current Kiss organization would get the residuals. That's my guess anyway.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Hedji
      I finally got around to watching this tonight.

It was EPIC! I'm not a huge KISS fan, but I was shocked to see the heavy Jack Kirby influence. For those of you saying you'd like to see Jack's imagery brought to life, this comes pretty close. Very cosmic stuff. Now if only Marvel Studios could do this kind of thing live action.

A very fun cartoon. My 12 year old loved it.
      Couldn't agree more.
      This is my youngest daughters new favourite cartoon not sure how I even missed this.
      She now plays kiss music while she is playing.
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎