X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Abbott & Costello Meet The Monsters

This set is FINALLY coming out on DVD, if you don't want to get the whole big A&C box set. I'm tempted by that, but my primary interest is the monsters, so I bit on this pre-order.

I only had "Meet Frankenstein" on DVD, and DVRed the Invisible Man and Mummy films, but I've never seen the Jeckyl/Hyde meet-up.

Chris
    sigpic
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ That's very cool. I bought all of the Abbott & Costello volumes as they came out, but this may be tempting to get just to have all them together for Halloween or when I'm in the mood. Thanks for posting Chris!

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

A&C meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde IMO was the second best behind Frankenstein, as Boris Karloff played
      Jekyll and Hyde, Invisible Man was decent as we got to see William (Fred Mertz) Frawley as the chief
      inspector, the Mummy I thought could have been better, but wasn't terrible, but a growling Mummy?
      plus the Mummy wrap outfit looked lame. I always thought it would have been cool if they meet
      Tarzan (Johnny Weissmuller) they did make a movie called Africa Screams which was close, no Tarzan
      but it did have Stooges Shemp and Joe.
      Last edited by TrekStar; Jul 21, '15, 9:33 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

The Mummy's pajamas are hilariously bad. A far cry from the greatness of Karloff's look. Heck even Chaney's quickie Mummy movies had much better costuming/makeup. But it's still a lot of fun.

My son has the Diamond Karloff "Jekyll/Hyde" figure, and I've always been interested in seeing it. I'll watch Karloff read a phone book. Add in A&C...SOLD!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

^ True, Klaris is awful. I like Mego Mummy's jams, though.

I'd agree that for me A&C vs. Dr. Jekyll is pretty good.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎