X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Unproduced Comic characters you wanted as a kid

I remember being a huge Namor fan as a kid , wishing they made a figure of him. Silver Surfer wasn't made until 89/90. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Daredevil was a figure I wanted as a kid but wasn't produced then, I remember putting a Spock head on
    a regular nude mego body with Robin green trunks for Submariner.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by tjacwave50
      Daredevil was a figure I wanted as a kid but wasn't produced then, I remember putting a Spock head on
      a regular nude mego body with Robin green trunks for Submariner.
      That would do the trick for Namor.
      Mego dropped the ball on DD. Since Marx made him and secret wars did as well. So that's before and after. You could agrue Miller's run made DD relevant but he had a decent fan base in the 70's.

Comment

• phil
        Persistent Member
        • May 11, 2007

I also put Robin's green trunks on a nude Spock to make Namor. The boots contained rockets that allowed "Namor" to fly. Seems pretty stupid now but it made more sense then than tiny wings on your ankles giving the power of flight.

I would have loved the following figures as a kid:
        Doctor Doom
        Red Skull
        Bucky (I loved The Invaders)
        Green Lantern
        The Flash
        Hawkman

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

IIRC, DD was only in the Secret Wars line because of Miller. As for Marx, that was the licensing package. FF was separate and the "Marvel Super-Heroes" - Spidey/Hulk/Iron Man/Thor/Namor. You could swap for one of the others, which is how DD ended up over Namor. But when you look at the model poses, you can see Spidey was originally Namor and DD was originally Spidey. Spidey is posed in the classic Namor breaking the water and DD is posed in the classic Spidey on the wall, firing a web. The hands/arms are reversed.

Comment

• Timothy2251
            Jerks beef with Ten Bears
            • Mar 15, 2008

Doctor Doom, Daredevil, Green Lantern, Flash, Lex Luthor, and Cheetah were all on my shortlist of heroes/villains I wanted from Mego. A Ghost Rider with motorcycle would've made my 8 year old head explode with delight. And fear, since I had an issue seeing skulls for some reason when I was a kid.
            "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

My gripe was looking at the Hall of Justice they showcased Green Lantern but never released him along with Catwoman in the Purple Dress and Lex Luthor.

At the same time I was upset that Mego never released 8" figures of Zod, Jor-El, Nubia, Steve Trevor and Queen Hippoolyta.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Dr. Strange, Woodgod, Killraven, John Carter, Doc Ock, Flash, Reverse Flash, the Inhumans, the Warriors Three, Loki, etc.

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

I think the greatest holes for me back then was any major Spidey '66 villains (aside from Goblin/Lizard, of course---not that I owned Lizard as a kid!). Tops by name would be: Rhino, Electro, Scorpion, Vulture and Sandman. Gotta give Luthor a shout-out too!
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

DC: Flash, Green Lantern, Luthor, Mr. Freeze or perhaps Black Adam. (I loved Freeze on Batman'66 and had a Viewmaster reel featuring Shazam battling Black Adam.)

Marvel: Dr. Strange, Daredevil, Dr. Octopus, Dr. Doom

I wasn't aware of Mego Tarzan as a child. I had a Conan and liked him a lot (those accessories!), but I felt gypped that there weren't more Marvel foes. I was also sort of disgruntled that the Superman movie figures were 12", not 8"--that would have solved the Luthor problem.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

I always wanted a Captain Canuck action figure. Dare to dream, eh?

There are a handful of others on my wish-list as a kid. These just might be in the process of coming true as well.
                      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by hedrap
                        IIRC, DD was only in the Secret Wars line because of Miller. As for Marx, that was the licensing package. FF was separate and the "Marvel Super-Heroes" - Spidey/Hulk/Iron Man/Thor/Namor. You could swap for one of the others, which is how DD ended up over Namor. But when you look at the model poses, you can see Spidey was originally Namor and DD was originally Spidey. Spidey is posed in the classic Namor breaking the water and DD is posed in the classic Spidey on the wall, firing a web. The hands/arms are reversed.
                        Interesting about the MARX figures...I can totally see that.

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
                          Are you saying that Namor was unusable because he was part of the F4 license?
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                            Persistent Member
                            • Apr 28, 2013

I was totally a Marvel kid, so Captain Marvel and Drax would have meant the world to me, but I would have loved Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider, Ant-Man, Nighthawk, Quicksilver, Hercules, Jack of Hearts, Shang-Chi. Robotman, Shade the Changing Man, Metal Men and The New Gods would have been my pics for DC at the time. Villain would be Composite Superman for sure!

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                              Time to feed the cat
                              • Dec 30, 2007

I so need a Dr Doom, the Fantastic Four just sat around with nothing to do . Ghost Rider was my favorite comic, so he would have been great to have .

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎