Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newlyknighted
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 21, 2010

Has anyone used Henry Pym's size changing tech to make their Ant-Man movie experience interactive? I changed my shape last night using multiple round pizza discs. The movie was Astonishing by the way!
    I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• WannabeMego
      Made in the USA
      • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
      Question: When AM emerged from the sub-atomic and became full size, was there not a quick scene immediately following that showed a shrunk figure in the room too? And then bounding away?

I saw something....
      If you mean when his daughter turned to look when being hugged the policeman/boyfriend...then that was Ant-Man Himself...He waved (Shadow Depiction Against the Wall) before leaping out the window.
      Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• WannabeMego
        Made in the USA
        • May 2, 2003

OK...Since ALOT of Folks appear to have seen this...Question/Observation:

Sub-Atomic World/Realm...Did anyone else think this would be a cool way of possibly introducing the Micronauts? ...cause that was the first thought on my mind
        Last edited by WannabeMego; Jul 26, '15, 6:11 PM.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
          valar morghulis
          • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by WannabeMego
          If you mean when his daughter turned to look when being hugged the policeman/boyfriend...then that was Ant-Man Himself...He waved (Shadow Depiction Against the Wall) before leaping out the window.
          Ah, thank you!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Sub-Atomic World/Realm...Did anyone else think this would be a cool way of possibly introducing the Micronauts? ...cause that was the first thought on my mind
            Could be. If they finally got the rights issues worked out, Micronauts could be another Guardians-type franchise for Marvel Studios.

I see Ant-Man was still #1 this weekend, since Pixels tanked hard.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by WannabeMego
              OK...Since ALOT of Folks appear to have seen this...Question/Observation:

My first thought was they were going to discover Janet Van Dyne/Wasp was alive and well and trapped in the sub-atomic world. Isn't that how they explained her "death" in the comics?

THEN I thought about Jarella, one of the Hulk's love interests.

THEN I thought about what I nerd I was.

BTW, did't someone have the rights to a Micronauts movie? Could Marvel have used it?
              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

The colourful reviews for Pixels were more entertaining than the film itself, so i'm told.

It was smart of Marvel to introduce their Microverse concept into Ant-Man, if they could make it work it has the potential for another "Guardians" type franchise. They own the fun characters.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Wee67
                  Could Marvel have used it?
                  I can't profess to be an expert but Hasbro owns the term "Micronauts" and all the toy characters named by Mego, it was purchased directly from Marty Abrams. Marvel outright owns characters like Bug, which is why he pops up in comics from time to time, so his ownership is protected.

It's the same thing with ROM, Marvel is lauching a Space Knights comic without him right now I believe. We need to get the band back together.....
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

My first thought was they were going to discover Janet Van Dyne/Wasp was alive and well and trapped in the sub-atomic world. Isn't that how they explained her "death" in the comics?
                    Yup. During the period where she "died" in whatever crossover I can't remember right now, Hank Pym became The Wasp, and they eventually discovered her trapped in the Microverse.

Fighting a centaur guy evocative of Baron Karza and Force Commander.

Last edited by samurainoir; Jul 27, '15, 10:55 AM.
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• WannabeMego
                      Made in the USA
                      • May 2, 2003

THEN I thought about Jarella, one of the Hulk's love interests.
                      Didn't think of Jarella...that would be really kewl...

...and feeling like a Nerd while watching a Nerd Movie is Normal...at least that is what I tell myself

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

I thought "Ant-Man" was a fun little movie. Over the last two years of releases, it and "Guardians of the Galaxy" have been my favorites. Perhaps the other franchises were suffering from being "middle movies". I love them all, though.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                          Career Member
                          • Apr 30, 2015

Just got back from this and really enjoyed it. What a fun film with some very funny moments. Nice to see another lesser known character made into a great movie. My only gripe was with the 1.85:1 aspect ratio that it was shot in. Seems a bit of a silly gimmick really. 2.35:1 would have been just fine. Can't see many people noticing that while it's on the big screen, but its going to get some complaints when it hits blu-ray. Especially those with smaller screens.

Comment

• cjefferys
                            Duke of Gloat
                            • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Boy_Wonder_1978
                            My only gripe was with the 1.85:1 aspect ratio that it was shot in. Seems a bit of a silly gimmick really. 2.35:1 would have been just fine. Can't see many people noticing that while it's on the big screen,
                            It's funny, at one point I just happened to notice the 1.85 ratio while watching the movie and wondered to myself why it was shot flat instead of scope. When I got home I googled a bit and found this:

Camera operator Peter Rosenfeld said, "Russell and Peyton's decision to shoot in 1.85 was a good call, since at 2.35 there’s insufficient height in frame to appreciate the vertical aspects of [Ant-Man] going from standing full-size to falling through a crack in the floor."

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                              To Fear is Not Logical...
                              • Feb 17, 2008

The whole family saw it yesterday. Thumbs up from all four of us.
                              It's all good!

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                                Career Member
                                • Apr 30, 2015

Originally posted by cjefferys
                                It's funny, at one point I just happened to notice the 1.85 ratio while watching the movie and wondered to myself why it was shot flat instead of scope. When I got home I googled a bit and found this:

Camera operator Peter Rosenfeld said, "Russell and Peyton's decision to shoot in 1.85 was a good call, since at 2.35 there’s insufficient height in frame to appreciate the vertical aspects of [Ant-Man] going from standing full-size to falling through a crack in the floor."
                                I had an idea that might have been the thought behind it, but it seems a bit of a waste of time and a bit pointless when the character is used in future films.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎