X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Just came back from Antman...

Go see this movie. It's a Fun, Funny, and not over the top action movie. Probably the best of the Marvel movies in my opinion. Actually has a very well written and thought out script. I was shocked to see that Rudd was one of the writers on the screenplay for this movie. One guest appearance in the movie will make you laugh out loud when it happens...especially if you are over 40 years old

I won't do any spoilers...but stay until the lights come up in the house. 2 post titles endings. One after the initial credits and one after the last of the credits. Which leads me to this question: When was Larry Leiber, Stan's brother, ever given credit for the creation of Antman?? I've never heard or seen anything about Larry being co-creator of the character.
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Larry Leiber did the scripts for the first Ant-Man story so that's probably it. Stan may have come up with the basic concept with Jack Kirby but Larry fleshed it out...
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• WannabeMego
      Made in the USA
      • May 2, 2003

Browse the Marvel Comics issue Tales to Astonish (1959) #35. Learn where to read it, and check out the comic's cover art, variants, writers, & more!

Did anyone else that went today get a Free Ant-Man Movie Poster?
      Last edited by WannabeMego; Jul 17, '15, 6:04 PM.
      Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

I enjoyed it! Michael Douglas really gives it his best too. It is a fun, lighthearted romp that leaves you wanting more. And they are doing a really nice job of tying into Avengers 2, and moving the Universe storyline forward. It is not, however, as fun as Guardians of the Galaxy. But, boy, any kid would come out of this wanting to be Ant Man. It's great to see a hero with a lot of heart, and in the right place.

Comment

• VintageMike
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 16, 2004

Glad to hear the positive reviews. It's on the schedule for tomorrow.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
            OH JES!!
            • Jul 21, 2005

This was a fun great movie and Yes the Cameo was hysterical it was a great nod!

Comment

• YoungOnce
              Career Member
              • Aug 29, 2007

Yes... I enjoyed this about as much as any Marvel movie lately. It was just nice to have a little smaller story with some character development. My wife loved it and she usually doesn't go for these "comic book things".

Comment

• pmwasson
                Maker
                • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by YoungOnce
                It was just nice to have a little smaller story with some character development.
                "little smaller" good one!

My whole family saw it today and loved it. It a good story and the right amount of humor throw in. Marvel Studios can do no wrong in my opinion.
                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

Fun really is the best way to describe this movie. I was cynical about Rudd and focusing on Lang vs Pym, but it all made sense and worked very well. I was surprised how much I liked this and how comfortably it continues to build the MCU.
                  WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Anyone see it in 3D? I'd like to check that out.

As much as I enjoyed it, knowing of its troubled production, I can't help but wonder how it would've been different had Edgar Wright remained on board as director.

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

My son and I just got back from seeing this and we really enjoyed it! The humor isn't misplaced, and there are some laugh out loud moments. With there not being a ton of characters they were able to take some time with the movie and tell a story.

There's two after credits sequences, so be sure to stay in your seat!
                      Last edited by drquest; Jul 17, '15, 10:52 PM.
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• phil
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 11, 2007

Glad to hear the positive comments. I'm more interested in seeing it now.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

MIB (Tom) and I are going to hit up the IMAX 3D show tomorrow afternoon. Sounds like we'll have a good time and have plenty to talk about over pizza and brewskis!
                          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I enjoyed it a lot, a (no pun intended) smaller & more intimate Marvel film with good humor. Plus, I like shrinking heroes, entymology, and Paul Rudd--I guess I was the perfect audience member.

The film set the stage for one of my favorite superheroines, too.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Just got back! Love, love, LOVE this movie!
                              Fantastic fun, great characterization, small in scope yet big on spectacle...FX were truly amazing, some great classic Marvel references, and as a bonus, I picked up the Ant-Man figure with flying ant box set from TRU afterwards.

Just a PERFECT day!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎