X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spawn67
    Career Member
    • Aug 14, 2009

Halloween 3

Anybody else besides me like Halloween 3? Ive got alot of crap over the years for liking it and althought it wasn't a micheal myers halloween movie I always liked it. And of course that catchy annoying silver shamrock song you can't get out of your head no matter how hard you try..lol
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

I liked it back in the day, but when I watched it recently it didn't live up to the memories. I was more forgiving of bad acting when I was younger.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

I enjoyed Halloween 3: Season of the Witch quite a bit actually. Didn't mind that it was lacking in Michael Myers at all. It kind of brought back a creepiness in general to the feeling of what Halloween is all about: basically to scare the crap out of you. Plus, Stacey Nelkin was really easy on the eyes (wonder what ever happened to her after that)!

Last edited by emeraldknight47; Jul 16, '15, 1:32 AM.
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

The movie is ok, but I never understood its place in the "franchise".
        It's just using the name to sell extra tickets.

Thanks for reminding of the Silver Shamrock song. I'll be hearing it in my head all day now...
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
          Career Member
          • Apr 30, 2015

I think it just holds a lot of disappointment for many people that it's not a Michel Myers film, but titled as 'Halloween 3'. I'll admit to being one of those people, but look past the title and see it for what it is, I enjoyed it and still do.

I read an interview a while back with Tommy Lee Wallace and his only regret with it, he said, was that it was called Halloween 3.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

For me Halloween III has evolved allot over time. I loved... LOVED Halloween II when it came out. I was in 11th grade and that movie was just a kick for me. I wore out the VHS when it came out. So when I read in Fangoria that Halloween III was coming, I was ecstatic. I went out and purchased the novel. As I turned the pages I kept waiting for Michael's entrance. My level of disappointment was measurable as I turned the last page. So seeing the film was like a funeral for the series. It was hated in it's day. It also scuttled the franchise, so there was much despair over the fact they had dismissed Michael AND killed the series all in one blow. I resented the movie as I watched other series like Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street take the lead spots in popularity. Halloween had been relegated to the redheaded stepchild of the genre because it ditched it's popular monster. Once Halloween IV came out in 1988 and fans were given their horror monster back, I began to ease up on my loathing of that film. Over time I came to accept it as a pleasant sidestep in a series that clearly got lost in formulated mediocrity. I know allot has been said that the film might have stood up better had it dropped the Halloween tag and just been it's own movie. I think there's something to be said for that, but then again the longevity of the movie has solely been BECAUSE of it's association with the franchise. That keeps it in the conversation. Had it been it's own movie, I imagine it would have fallen into the abyss with the scores of other 80's horror films that were abundant during that period. So while it kind of has it's own cult following today, I have to keep it all in context and realize the Halloween label is why it carries on. Different is not always better, but in this case it does allow one to take a breath from the cat and mouse chase of Michael and Loomis and just embrace the holiday spirit in a more traditional story.
            Last edited by MIB41; Jul 16, '15, 9:21 AM.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

I love it. Tom Atkins is always a hoot. Stacey Nelkin is easy on the eyes. The jingle is infectious. Dan O'Herlihy is at his best. The action and pacing don't always measure up as far as a suspense thriller, but this movie is a blast. I really like Carpenter's idea that after this, all Halloween sequels would be stand alone films, not related, that would take place on Halloween. (Sort of what they did with Trick 'R Treat, which I found to be delightful.)

I think sequels IV-VI and the reboots have proven what Carpenter suspected... that Michael Meyers had run his course, and that it would get repetitive, with diminishing returns for each resurrection.

I don't think that they (Hollywood) will ever get it through their thick skulls that Michael has really been done the best he can be done. They'll never match the editing, suspense, pacing... heck, even the mask itself never looks quite the same, as with the original 2 films.

So, my problem isn't with III, it's that IV should've been another different Halloween story outside the box.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                Wake Up Heavy
                • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                The movie is ok, but I never understood its place in the "franchise".
                It's just using the name to sell extra tickets.

Thanks for reminding of the Silver Shamrock song. I'll be hearing it in my head all day now...
                From what I recall, the idea was to make the series more about Halloween than Michael Myers. In other words, future movies would still be based around the day, but be completely different scenarios. Obviously that didn't pan out and they brought Michael back.
                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• binkystarr
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Apr 16, 2015

Halloween 3 Season of the Witch is one of my favorite John Carpenter movies...well not really a Carpenter film but an enjoyable one nonetheless. I love the plot,the idea and the story is silly fun. Plus, who doesnt enjoy the fact that it was filmed in the old Don Post mask factory???

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

My favorite Halloween movie!

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 30, 2015

^^ WOW! I'd never try and take it away from you, but that's a statement. I actually like it in a way.

Comment

• Spawn67
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 14, 2009

Did anyone ever see these these Halloween 3 customs that came out a couple years ago?4bb9cea8bc44235109b195f14c46e509.jpg 648d838a54c946f444f0fa23a9bdfa5c.jpg

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Sure did, and I coulda bought all four for their original price. And then flipped them today for about $3000 (not joking). Retroband's customs are one of the rare boutique brands that seem to turn to solid gold on the aftermarket. I have 2 of their Creepshow ones.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

While Myers was not directly featured IN HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH, if memory serves, mention is made OF his rampage through Haddonfield on a radio news report at some point in the film.
                            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

I've always liked Halloween III.
                              Always thought the premise was cool.
                              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢