Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WannabeMego
    Made in the USA
    • May 2, 2003

...so they want people to see Fantastic Four because they really want to see the Deadpool Trailer?!?!?!

This is way past the point of no return on investment... Yikes...bad message sent & received.
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I'm stunned at the promotion this is getting on Disney Channel and Disney XD. With all the talk of Marvel cancelling the comic and not releasing merchandise, etc, the promotions on the Disney stations makes this look as much of a Marvel Studios film as Ant-Man.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

There's a life sized Thing statue at my local theatre promoting the movie. Keep wanting to put trunks on him.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I'll probably get lambasted for this, but the CGI "flame on" Torch looks pretty good to me--more fiery, less translucent than the earlier film versions.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mego Milk
            Custom Mego Maker
            • Jun 3, 2007

wow.

I thought that looked pretty good.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

The Hollywood Reporter has an official review...and its not pretty...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Early Rotten Tomatoes reviews...

Transported to an alternate universe, four young outsiders gain superhuman powers as they alter their physical form in shocking ways. Reed Richards becomes Mr. Fantastic, able to stretch and twist his body at will, while pal Ben Grimm gains immense strength as the Thing. Johnny Storm becomes the Human Torch, able to control and project fire, while his sister Sue becomes the Invisible Woman. Together, the team must harness their new abilities to prevent Doctor Doom from destroying the Earth.

Ouch...
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I can only go to the movies on Wednesdays...so tomorrow is Mission Impossible Rogue Nation for me...and the following Wednesday will be The Man from Uncle...

sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Wow! After reading those reviews, I'm sure FOX has got to be wondering not only what the hell it was thinking but also "Why, oh why, did we tack on here "From the people who brought you X-MEN: DOFP"...
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

I don't blame Trank. This is what happens when you let Mark Millar through the door.

Peter David's Hulk, Bendis' Spidey, now this. It's one thing to use a current storyline, it's another to base a franchise off of some guys soap opera retcon that had nothing to do with what made the character work in the first place.

Comment

• phil
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 11, 2007

This is in no way meant as a criticism or insult. Is anyone here planning on seeing this movie? I'm just curious.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

NO WAY are they getting my money! If pay to see this CRAP...it sends the wrong message to FOX!
                          sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by The Bat
                            NO WAY are they getting my money! If pay to see this CRAP...it sends the wrong message to FOX!
                            Agreed. As a matter of fact, I'm going to donate my hard-earned sheckles to ANT-MAN again this weekend. As for this version of the FF---I'll see when they shove a Bluray copy into my cold, dead hands----and then prop up my corpse to watch it. LOL.
                            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

There's a guy over on Herohype who made the premiere and he's fielding questions for those who want to know. Without offering spoilers here, it's his opinion the first effort (in 2005) was a far better movie than this outing and the effects, especially on Mr. Fantastic, are so green-screen obvious, it's painful to watch. He didn't feel the cast was bad, so much as they didn't have a script to do anything in. The way Victor gets his name is cringe worthy. It takes an hour to set up the hero aspect of the story, so there's barely any time to SEE the Fantastic Four in action before the film is over. Official run time minus the credits is 90 minutes. I'll save this one for a $1.00 movie night rental.
                              Last edited by MIB41; Aug 5, '15, 5:52 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I'll probably watch this for free when the library gets it, and Cindy can bring it home from work there. I'm not going to chunk down gas money and crazy theater prices for it.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎