• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by monitor_ep
    This radio interviewer crossed the line...er toed the line:

Love or hate the movie...the actors handled the awkward situation well...and that radio dude, what an imbecile...especially towards the actress, he's being sexist, annoying, obnoxious, rude...and just plain creepy with his questions.
    sigpic

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

I read that the cast has yet to see the finished film. I don't take that as a good sign.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

Aaaaaaaaaand now, FOX, in a stunt that reeks of desperation, is tacking the "Merc with a mouth" onto the end of the FF trailers saying if you go see the FF, you'll get to see the Deadpool trailer for "free." Nah, not free, the cost would be my dignity as a fan of the Fantastic Four.

Granted, the latest extended trailer "looks" okay and the movie would likely be somewhat entertaining (after all, I did enjoy "CHRONICLE"), if it WEREN'T The Fantastic Four. Sorry, I want my older, wiser Reed Richards, my Susan Storm who actually has lips (to paraphrase Maragaret Houlihan from MASH when speaking about Frank Burns "Kate Mara is a lipless wonder"), my Human Torch who doesn't feel the urge to inject the term "big arse" into his conversations, my Ben Grimm with pants and my Doctor Doom who actually looks creepy and is as arrogant an SOB as you'd ever want to encounter.
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

I was invited by my friend to a preview screening this week for IBM employees.

She just let me know that the screening was cancelled due to insufficient interest!
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Originally posted by samurainoir

She just let me know that the screening was cancelled due to insufficient interest!
            Now that is funny!!!
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

I hope that someday we will get a movie worthy of The Fantastic Four.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

Just skip to the last few 3:31 to see Deadpool.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by samurainoir

Wow. I heard that was the big problem FOX encountered in tracking; zero interest. It's not a "it looks like crap" problem. It's a "Wait. This. Again. Already?" And FOX has no answer for that.

It was silly to go New Mutants, to go with Doom, to redo the entire origin. They'll be lucky to pull an Amazing Spidey, but studios look beyond the current release into sequel development costs. They have to do something to keep the rights to the rest of the FF related characters. I don't think they can make a Surfer movie and not work on an FF film.

I've never understood how FOX didn't strike a deal with Universal years ago. That would have gave them access to Hulk and Namor, which is what FF needs. Sony could have jumped in and Fox could have made their Secret Wars.

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

I trying to find Michael B. Jordan's address so I can send him a nice autographed picture of Chris Evans as Johnny Storm.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                      A Ray of Sunshine
                      • Jun 17, 2001

^^^^ funny!

Sorry but I don't care what Fox actually thinks or says but to me it DOES look like CRAP!

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Marvelmania
                        ^^^^ funny!

Sorry but I don't care what Fox actually thinks or says but to me it DOES look like CRAP!
                        Yep, and then they stacked all the crap and called it the Thing. LOL

This will be the first Marvel movie I don't go see. I absolutely refuse to support it. That's the only way Fox is gonna get the message.

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

If they open in second, behind Mission Imp, plus the sad irony - casting Jordan was an attempt to broaden appeal, and the NWA biopic is going to suck all those dollars up in FF's second week - the fallout will be big.

Reviews will hit tonight from UK and France,

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Isn't Man From UNCLE opening the same weekend? They might open third place.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• phil
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 11, 2007

U.N.C.L.E. is next weekend. I refuse to see the Fantastic Four movie. Eventually one of the many Comic Book/Superhero movies was going to be a wholesale disaster as both a bad movie and box office flop. This is looking likely to be that movie.
                              It certainly looks and sounds like it deserves the fail.

My concern isn't this particular movie but the effect it's failure may have on movies being developed based on other Comic Book and superhero properties. Someone at the studio(s) will get nervous.

Comment

• enyawd72
                                Maker of Monsters!
                                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by phil

My concern isn't this particular movie but the effect it's failure may have on movies being developed based on other Comic Book and superhero properties. Someone at the studio(s) will get nervous.
                                I initially had that same concern, but with the success of far lesser known properties like Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy, I think what it really does is send a clear message that fans want these movies done RIGHT, and we're not going to just gleefully accept any old plate of slop they try to serve up.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎