Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

If Disney does get the rights back they should build things slowly. A mention here,a cameo there. Start with the series with Peggy Carter by linking Nathaniel Richards to Howard Stark. Then if they ever do another Iron Man movie bring in Reed that way. Maybe have the entire team for the fifth Avengers movie if they do one. Do the Kree-Skrull War.

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

I'm glad the movie is being attacked I just wonder what the effect will be on The Fantastic Four as movie property. Fox has a sequel scheduled for 2017. It would be great if the sequel became a restart made by people that know what they are doing and understand The Fantastic Four.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by phil
        I'm glad the movie is being attacked I just wonder what the effect will be on The Fantastic Four as movie property. Fox has a sequel scheduled for 2017. It would be great if the sequel became a restart made by people that know what they are doing and understand The Fantastic Four.
        ^^^^^^^^^
        AMEN!!!!!!!!!!
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• clemso
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 8, 2001

After Fantastic Four and that Doom, how long should we wait before we focus on Fox version of Apocalypse

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

$26.2 million on opening weekend...pitiful. And I'm glad...Fox deserves this.
            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by clemso
              After Fantastic Four and that Doom, how long should we wait before we focus on Fox version of Apocalypse
              start next week. Doom and co. will be forgotten about by then and start dropping off the radar.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

Not sure if I brought it up earlier, but don't be surprised if they hand it to Singer. They can't hand it back to Marvel, not for at least another few years, and the antagonism between the two sides extends to the creative people through competition.

We all know FF can be made into a great movie, and if you're Singer, who doesn't get invited to the MCU dance yet you're the one responsible for the company getting off the ground...responsible for Fiege having a career....aren't you going to be tempted to make your own MCU?

The only Hangup is Superman Returns. If that really scarred him from salvaging damaged goods, he won't go near FF.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by hedrap
                  Not sure if I brought it up earlier, but don't be surprised if they hand it to Singer. They can't hand it back to Marvel, not for at least another few years, and the antagonism between the two sides extends to the creative people through competition.

We all know FF can be made into a great movie, and if you're Singer, who doesn't get invited to the MCU dance yet you're the one responsible for the company getting off the ground...responsible for Fiege having a career....aren't you going to be tempted to make your own MCU?

I agree with you totally! Singer could make a decent FF movie. He's proven he get's the X-Men and I'm sure he could figure out the dynamics of making a good FF movie. But like you said...will he get the chance?
                  sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by madmarva
                    This isn't all that original, but it's what I think Marvel should do if they get the FF back in whole or part. The FF and Doom would be cast like Kirby/Lee originally created them. The movie would basically be a period piece, but it might start with a 60-minutes type news show doing a feature, "Whatever happened to the Fantastic Four?" The news show montage would recap the origin, the FF fighting the Mole Man and the Skrulls and maybe even Namor to get them up to Dr. Doom. At that point, the story would pick up with Doom's first appearance from the comics, which features his time machine. They do Doom's origin right, making the connections to Reed and touching on him wanting to save his Mom from Hell. The FF battle and defeat Doom, but at the end Doom escapes by jumping into the time machine/stream. The FF decide he's too dangerous to be left free and they follow him into the time stream. The news show comes back and basically said we haven't heard from the FF or Dr. Doom since. Credits. The mid-credit scene is Doom showing up in 2001 and witnessing 9/11. The post-credit scene is the FF arriving in our current time, but learn that Doom has taken over the U.S. as dictator and is waging war on the rest of the world. This would set up an Avengers-FF team-up movie as a sequel where they take down Doom and by doing so returning history to the normal MCU timeline.

Then it could be decided whether to leave the FF in the current time period or to return them to the past at some point or to just let them travel in time and space for new adventures.

This would allow the FF to be true to it's roots, but also to connect them to the current MCU fairly quickly.
                    I think its a very fresh and "appropriate" idea, regardless of its perceived "borrowing" in your own estimation-----but, with it's hugely impactful implications on the MCU, it may be a bit too bold---even for my crazily ambitious tastes.

However, that said, if I was the "billion dollar guy" and you were the main director/producer, you'd have mybacking by meeting's close.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Holy crap, the lame version of Mr Fantastic and loony Director almost came to blows...this is getting better...and better...

No wonder the new Fantastic Four reboot became a punching bag for film critics, and then got knocked out by indifferent audiences: The set of Fox’s superhero flick was so dysfunctional, it nearly became a boxing ring itself. There’s been a lot of finger-pointing in the aftermath of the $120 million movie’s disastrous $26 million opening weekend, which actually began with director Josh Trank’s Twitter-diss of the film on the eve of its release. The latest behind-the-scenes allegations finds Trank almost throwing down with star Miles Teller, who played Reed Richards in the Marvel mishap.

sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Josh Trank sounds like a piece of work. The behind the scenes stories are pretty entertaining, even if the film is not. If any of that is true, he comes off sounding like a spoiled brat with a overinflated sense of entitlement, just because he made a found footage superhero movie.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Agreed.

If this keeps up...Trank will end up doing late night informercials.
                          sigpic

Comment

• phil
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 11, 2007

As I said on one of these threads earlier, when the full behind the scenes story is told it will prove to be more interesting than the movie.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎