Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

The original Michael's kills were clean and effective. That's what made them so chilling. Michael was the perfect example of pure and cold "control". His emotion button was firmly on "OFF".
    I managed to sit through 20 minutes of Zombie's slaughterfest, and this wasn't Michael, with the guy stabbing like 50 times before stopping. He was out of control, as much as the movie was. It's like making a new Dirty Harry movie, and letting Woody Allen play him.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• RickD
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 31, 2011

I grew up on John Carpenter's Halloween. I vividly remember being absolutely frightened when the Theme music of Halloween started. There is something special about a movie when the music can frighten a kid.

Rob Zombies Halloween movies accomplished absolutely nothing. It was a modern day slasher movie and should never have been related to Michael Myers.

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

I remember driving late at night with a couple friends into one of the fig orchards we used to have around here and a radio station decided to play the Halloween music and it scared the poop out of all of us!
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
          Career Member
          • Apr 30, 2015

Same feelings here as with every other remake and reboot. Hollywood should be turning it's attentions to new ideas rather than riding on the backs of classic movies that have actually stood the test of time. Or are they just not up to it? My guess is that they're just not up to it! Try creating modern classics that everyone will still know and love in 30 years time instead of ripping off classics that everyone forgets in an instant.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

They're remaking National Lampoon's Vacation for pete's sake. That movie is still on TV somewhere every day. Why remake it? What do they really hope to accomplish? Just a cash grab, hoping to tread on the name?

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Iron Mego
              Wake Up Heavy
              • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              They're remaking National Lampoon's Vacation for pete's sake. That movie is still on TV somewhere every day. Why remake it? What do they really hope to accomplish? Just a cash grab, hoping to tread on the name?

Chris
              This movie actually looks funny as hell. The red-band trailer had me in tears, especially the Chris Hemsworth stuff. From what I've seen they go all out on this one, and I love me a good raunchy comedy.
              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎