X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Maximilian Figure Stand?

I just acquired a Mego Maximilian in great shape, but am shocked they didn't make him able to stand on his own like VINCent. Really could use a repro stand.

LaserMego?

Also a bit surprising he wasn't engineered to have his arms swivel at the shoulders to menace other figures. I would love to see Hot Toys do the Black Hole robots. Is there a following for the property in Japan?
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I was thinking LaserMego, too--Paul's a genius.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Hedji
      I just acquired a Mego Maximilian in great shape, but am shocked they didn't make him able to stand on his own like VINCent.
      I thought that VINCent came with a stand too? But yeah, there might be a market for repro stands. Most loose figures never seem to have them (including my Maximillian!)

Also a bit surprising he wasn't engineered to have his arms swivel at the shoulders to menace other figures. I would love to see Hot Toys do the Black Hole robots. Is there a following for the property in Japan?
      That always mystified me too. That's the nice thing about the Italian GiG magnetic Maximillian, his arms can move up and down, AND he can stand on his own (although I still use a doll stand with mine, I don't trust him not to take a header off my shelf one night).

I don't think Black Hole is exactly huge in Japan, but Medicom did make some Kubricks as a part of their Disney blind boxed series awhile back, so you never know...

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

VINCent has a stand, but he is able to stand without it if you're careful.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Ah, I didn't know that, I've never owned one (yet!).

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎